Roman

We've been driving for about nine hours, and we only had a few more minutes to reach the hotel. This drive has consisted of a little small talk and some jokes, I don't know but I'm just getting this weird vibe from Nikki. She's usually bubbly and talking but tonight she's just nodding. I looked over to her and she is just staring at the road, I stared back at the road. "Nikki?" She turned to me "Yea?" "You alright? You aren't being your normal self today." She stared at me, confused "What do you mean?" "I mean, you're usually more talkative and you laugh at jokes.. But tonight.. I don't know, something is going on." She frowned and faced the window, I heard her sniff as if she was crying. I pulled over to the side of the highway and reached my arm to her. "Hey, don't cry." She wiped her eyes "I'm sorry... I'm just been a mess these past days and.. I've been trying to hold it in and hide it but.. I just can't anymore." She placed her hands under her chin and let the tears fall, I wiped away her tears. "Nikki you don't have to hold in or hide your feelings, especially when I'm around.." She sniffled and grabbed my hand in hers, "Thank you, Roman." I nodded and we headed on the highway to the hotel. On the way to the hotel Nikki fell asleep, it's past midnight. I parked the car and handed the keys to the valet, I slowly opened Nikki's door. I rubbed her cheek "Nikki?" She groaned sleepily.. I grabbed her chin and kissed her cheek, softly.. She opened her eyes slowly "Hey, we're here at the hotel." She nodded and grabbed her purse before getting out of the car. We were about to enter the hotel but she grabbed my hand, I turned back to her "What's wrong?" "What about the bags?" I smiled "I'm having them brought up to our separate rooms." She looked up at me "Why do we have separate rooms?" "Oh I just thought you might want your privacy." She nodded "Thanks but I really don't want to be alone tonight." I stared down at her "Okay, if you want I'll sleep in your room tonight, so that you're not alone." She nodded. We grabbed the room keys and got on the elevator, we got off and walked to Nikki's room. She opened the door and laughed. "What?" "Nothing just my bags are here." "Told you, that they were bringing them up." She sighed and walked into the bedroom, she slammed herself on the bed. I laughed and leaned in the doorway, she shot her head up "What's so funny, big guy?" I shrugged "You are, dollface." She smiled, "Can I ask a question?" I walked into the bedroom and sat on the bed. "Sure." "Why do you call me 'Dollface' or 'Princess' ?" "Well I call you that because I think they're nicknames that fit you perfectly, but if you don't like them I won't call you those nicknames ever again." She stood by the door "No I like them, it's just that I'm not use to being called 'Dollface' or 'Princess'.. All the nicknames I get are almost all negative." She lowered her head, I got up from the bed and walked over to her. I grabbed her chin and lifted her head up to me, me and her just stared at each other, no one said a word. I leaned down and kissed her, she placed her hand on my cheek. A few seconds later, we stopped kissing "Um sorry, I didn't mean.. Sorry." She smiled "No it's okay." I nodded "I'm gonna go to sleep." I walked out to the living room and slipped my shoes off. She ducked her head out of the room. "What are you doing?" "I'm sleeping on the couch." She rolled her eyes, she walked out of the room and grabbed my hand. "Come on, big guy." She dragged me back into the room and sat me on the bed. She laid down on the other side, I looked down at her. "What are you waiting for? Go asleep, we have work tomorrow." She said, yawning. I laughed and laid back, she scooted closer to me and smiled at me before closing her eyes to sleep. I chuckled and closed my eyes.