First Day of New School

the pic on the right?? Arbaaz and malaika..... liz's brother and to be and prego sis-in-law......they are important in the upcoming chapters.....don't forget them!! :) 

some people are having trouble going to the next chapter...in that case please click on the external link...sorry for the inconvenience!!! :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALISHA’S POV

It was something like 7:30 in the morning, and we were driving through the ridiculous traffic. Seriously, LA, NYC and Mumbai traffic sucks. LA...I missed all my friends now. I spoke to most of them yesterday, but the time zone thing makes it really difficult to text 24/7 like we used to.

I was wearing a tank top, a shrug, black knee length shorts and some gladiator flats. The school had a uniform, but it hadn’t been delivered yet. So I had to wear casuals, and I didn’t feels like dressing up. I needed to keep a low profile. I didn’t want anyone to befriend or hate me because I am the ‘rich spoilt girl’. I have been working all my life to pick those kinds of people out of my life. I didn’t want to be loved-or hated- because I’m the sister of a famous guy. I wanted to be myself, and people respecting me for being me. I know, quite philosophical for a fifth grader.

“Guys, can you please stay inside when I get in?” I asked everyone, but looked at Salman, who was driving. He kept his gaze on the road, but his face radiated worry.

“I don’t think so. With all the media and all the danger. It’s not a good idea.” He replied.

“Please! I don’t want them to see me as a celebrity sister. Atleast for a while don’t reveal who you are. Let the security stay in the car, ‘kay? That way they’ll be able to get me when they need to. I promise, just 3-4 days? I need to sort out people. And you know that when they know I am related to you, they will act sweeter or dirtier towards me. Please. I don’t want it to happen. Not here, when everything is falling into place.” I completed me little speech.

He just sighed heavily. I could see he was rethinking. I knew he knew how it hurt when people used you for your name and fame. He definitely didn’t want that for me.

“Ok then. Two people will stay in the car. You have to store both their numbers on speed dial. And call them if anything is wrong, anything at all. They’ll reach you in seconds. Do not switch your phone off. And for God’s sake, no strangers please.”  He placed a list of conditions before me which I happily agreed to. This was easy!

I hugged him a goodbye, and he left, but the other car behind me with 2 guards – Mike and Ruth-stayed near the campus. I walked into my new school. It was an only girl’s convent school. There was no crazy fan crowd because everyone predicted me going to a costly, expensive school. That’s what my family planned too. By I begged and pleaded to give a ‘normal’ school a shot. What could go wrong? And, I could always switch schools, right?  

I was thinking about how a convent is not the kind of school for me, because I happen to be agnostic. But, I could make some real friends here. I walked in, only to discover the place was huge. Thankfully I didn’t have to wander about the place. A nun smiled down at me and asked “which grade, my child? How old are you?”

“Grade five. And I’m eleven.” I smiled back. She nodded at led me into a classroom on the second floor. Ok, this class was huge too. It was filled with benches and stuff. There were many girls seated already. Thankfully I had company in the ‘no uniform’ thing. I was glad; I hated being the odd one out. She told me to pick a seat and I chose the one near a corner, near the window. Easier to text that way, I thought.