You Don't Know How It Feels Like

continued from last chapter guys!! :) DRAMA alert!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALISHA’S POV          

“Hey girl.” I high-fived Nidhi, as I took a seat besides her.

Before she could reply, our teacher started off.

“Do you want to be famous?” She asked the entire class. Most of the girls nodded and said yes, overjoyed by only thinking about it. I stayed quiet. I still hadn’t made up my mind about it.

“Do I take your silence as a ‘no’ Ms Alisha?” she looked at me.

“Uh, no. I mean yes. Not yes being famous, yes no. Wait that doesn’t make sense, does it?” I replied, making a fool out of myself.

“Well, I must say that I’m surprised to hear this. You have strong opinions about most things. Even about socio-economic topics. But not this?” She asked with genuine curiosity.

“I’m still not sure about all of it.” I shrugged, “I guess I’ll need a few years atleast to decide.”

“Give me a break. You love being famous, rich and always in the limelight. Always phishing for compliments.” A girl, Becca, snorted.

“YOU have no idea how it is, so do not try and judge me.” I wagged my index finger at her.

“What? Who wouldn’t love being called a fashionista, being able to go to movie premiers, hanging out with rockstars, buying designer stuff, attracting crowds, and what not? Oh, did I forget to mention making headlines?” she stated flatly, counting points on her fingers. Oh she was so gonna pay for this. I was already annoyed to hell, I was not in the mood to tolerate her crap.

“Ok, class. Becca, calm down. It is her personal choice.” The teacher said, and went back to the topic.

“Attention whore.” She muttered, loud enough for me to hear.

“That’s it! I am not here for you to talk crap about me. Do you know how heartbreaking it is to have no parents? Do you know how alone I feel when everyone is busy in some another country? Do you know how hurtful some things are that the media reports? Do you know how betrayed I feel when people use me for getting my brothers? For their money and contacts and fame?”

I blinked my tears back. The whole room was dead silent now. I just stood there, staring Becca down. Nobody talks to me like that. They have no right to judge me, my family or friends what so ever. Tension was thick in the air. After several minutes, Becca opened her mouth, when I whispered silently.

“You don’t know how it feels.”

I ran out of the classroom. I could hear the teacher calling after me, but I didn’t care. I kept running, till I reached the old oak tree. I sat on the grass, and let my tears spill.

The silence was shattered when ’21 Guns’ started playing, indicating it was one of the Jonas. Without even checking which Jonas, I hit the accept call button on the phone.

“How is my Bugs bunny doing this fine morning? Well night here, but morning there.” Joe asked excited.

“Great.” I lied.

“What happened?” he asked; his tone suddenly serious. Damn, he could sense my feelings sitting thousands of miles away.

“That’s not very Joe-ish.”

“Don’t even try and change the topic. I can tell that you have been crying. Tell me the name. He’ll have a sorry ass.” Yup, I knew he meant it. He was always protective of me, too. As if having three brothers wasn’t enough.

“It’s nothing Joe, really. Doesn’t even matter.” I protested.

“Yes it does! Somebody hurt you, and that matters!” he yelled all of a sudden, and I flipped.

“Why do you even care?” I yelled at him, regretting my words the next moment.

“Because I’ve know you almost my entire life! You are the sister I never had. You know what, forget it.”

“NO! Joey bear please. I need you. Gimme a chance to apologize. I’m sorry.” I needed him right now, needed his silliness. Ugh! I hated this day!

“No, I’m sorry I care about you. Will never happen again.” He replied coldly, and cut the call, leaving me in more tears.

I couldn’t believe it. First Becca, then Joe. I was rude to Joe, yes. But I meant it when I said sorry. And he just hanged up on me! Gathering my thoughts, I called him back.

“Sorry, wrong number. Please do not call again.” He said and hung up on me. Again.

“Fine then, suit yourself!” I yelled into the air, and stormed outside the school and got into the BMW.

“Have you lost your mind?” Mike yelled at me. I knew this was stupid, just walking out of school. There could have been people around, but there were none, thankfully. Guess everyone decided to leave.

“Not yet, but I’ve begun to.” I answered back.

“Get inside, now.” He barked.

“No.” I snapped back.

“Excuse me? I couldn’t hear what you said.”

“You heard me! Now just get in, and Leo drive!” I spat at them without thinking.

“No, I will not allow you to skip school, missy.” Leo backed Mike. Oh great, they were all against me now.

“Fine then, don’t drive. I’ll take a cab.” I replied, and got down.

Mike just pulled me by the arms, and dragged me towards the gate.

“Ugh! NO! Mike, don’t do that! That place is cruel. Please.” I didn’t want to go inside. It hurt to fight with all of them at once. I wasn’t all that strong every day. I did break down, just like today. All I wanted was to cry into my pillow.

“I think you need to watch your attitude problems, girl.”

“Ugh! Not you, too. Why don’t you tell this to the girl who called me an attention whore? Why don’t you tell this to Joe who is being a jerk?”

He stopped immediately. We were almost near to the gate of school.

“Even you. Nobody knows what I am going through. Nobody even cares! Every day, I put up an act like nothing fazes me. Inside, I’m dying! It’s getting out of control. The nightmares, the flashbacks. They keep getting worse. I can’t handle them anymore. I don’t want to…I didn’t even choose this.”

 Mike tried to get closer to me, but I took steps back. We just stood there, with my head low, crying. He picked me up, and placed me in the car. I didn’t protest this time. He shut the door, went into the school, and came back a few minutes late with my bag. Somewhere along the drive, I fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you think?? too fast, too slow, boring, interesting??

let me know!! :) <3