Live Chat

Ok, I know it's been a while since I've posted. But I was not at home because it was my Grandma's first death anniversay, so the whole family had to be there at her house.  And i got a nerve pulled so I can't move without horrible pain. :( So, it's 31st Dec now (atleast where I live) and I can't party! tragic, right?

 without blabbering on and on, here is the new chapter. :) Hope you enjoy it! 

fyi, the pic? its Aryan, SRK and Sun (left to right)!! mentioned later in chapter!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SALMAN’S POV

It’s been almost 10 days after the black day, as we call it. Everything is slowly going back to normal. The reporter survived, but is still in the hospital under observation. The police found out the people were local hired shooters. We all knew who had sent them-the underworld.

The industry of entertainment may look glamorous and luxurious from above, but the deeper you look, the more darkness you’ll find. Threats, crazy fans, lack of privacy, incredible amount of stress…the list is never ending. But still, I and many others choose to stay and fight because our work is our passion, it’s religion we follow.

It was late afternoon; I was home after a night shoot. I still had a live chat scheduled later, but I never considered it ‘work’. They were always fun. Today’s chat was with SRK, my co-star and also a dear friend. We scheduled the chat because a lot of people were begging to see me, to confirm I was safe. I automatically smiled thinking about them. The fans love us so much. They consider us their idols, their role models. It gets scary sometimes, knowing that millions follow you. Every move being recorded somewhere, every word being analyzed and criticized. But it gets better, I guess. I have learnt not to put up an act like most celebrities do. I don’t think they are wrong to do so. It just doesn’t work out for me like that. I hate to pretend, instead I believe in people loving or hating me for who I am. That’s how Liz operates too…did she pick up from me?

As if she could hear me thinking about her, she entered the room with a huge box in her hands.

“What are you up to?” I asked her, when I saw all the decorations in her hands. She just smiled wide. Just then, Malaika and Sohail entered with the same wide smile on their faces, with the same boxes.

“We fired them. The so called ‘décor artists’.” Malaika replied.

“Who planted the seeds into your minds, guys?” I asked, looking straight at Lee. I knew her way too well. And they knew I knew too. Lee just giggled and they got to work. They looked around, nodded, and walked towards the different corners of the room like (wo) man on a mission. Mission of the day? To decorate the house for Diwali.

ALISHA’S POV

Ok, so I needed to take care of the lights part. I have always loved decoration, especially if it includes lighting. I managed to get lightings of gold, purple, and red color. I didn’t want the red, but Malaika did, so I had to oblige. My plan was to cover one dominant wall in the room with draped curtains, and then go crazy with the lights. It looked great in my brain atleast!  Then we’d have various ‘diyas’ we bought assembled all over the room. They are basically oil-lamps that come in different shaped and sizes and decorations. Small candles can be placed into them instead on oil and flame too. It looks beautiful.

After a few minutes, even Salman decided to help us, and we had a lot of fun. At one point we started throwing the décor things at each other, just because it was fun. All the preparation, decoration is the best part of the festive season. The whole city is so lively during this time, till New Year. The entire city is decorated with diyas and lights. Crackers are burst all night. It’s something that everyone awaits, everyone’s favorite part of the year.