One week before wedding = Hectic

HEY!!! THIS IS JUST A FILLER CHAPTER.....THE NEXT CHAPTER CONTINUES THE STORY, BUT I FELT LIKE DIVIDING IT.......

I LOVE THE WEDDING GOWN......It is an Elie Saab!!  ENJOY !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALISHA’S POV

I was sulking on one of the chairs as THE Elie Saab was talking to someone. I didn’t even bother to eavesdrop, I was exhausted. Only one week was left till the big day approached. Just 7 days, 168 hours, 10080 minutes and 604800 seconds. Yep and I totally used the inbuilt calculator on the phone.

 My brother was getting married.

An idiotic smile spread across my face, when I visualized Arbaaz at the end of the aisle, and Malaika walking gracefully towards him. They were the perfect couple. Malaika was now six months pregnant, and was glowing.

I randomly remembered what she said this morning, ‘Just three months, and POP, my baby will be in my hands!’  Just replying the scene made me laugh hysterically, and I earned a few stares from everyone around. And that amused me more. I continued to laugh like crazy, and I was pretty sure someone was gonna call an mental asylum soon.

But my laughter shut up, when I saw Malaika coming out of the room in her wedding gown.

Angelic. I had never seen such an exquisite gown, ever. It was one of a kind. It was a halter-neck, with a ball gown silhouette. Delicate work adorned the upper half. The color was white, with a hint of gold. Not off-white, but golden-ish-white. I just stared at Malaika, with my jaw almost touching the floor.

“Don’t like it?” She asked nervously,

“Nope, not at all.” I answered, composing myself. I was after all sitting with THE Elie Saab, and THE Marc Jacob – who just came into the room. ES was about to start defending the gown, when I abruptly stood up.

“I don’t LIKE it, I LOVE it! It’s stunning. You look like a princess. Ah, hell…even better. You look like, like…ok, I’m in a word, example and comparison crisis.” I fumbled around the words, staring her up and down. Whenever I get married, which was gonna be good decade or two later, I’d love to wear an Ellie Saab gown!

“Yes, I love it too! See, it’s that easy Lee.” Amrita-Malaika’s sis chimed in. I just rolled my eyes and went back to staring the to-be-bride up and down.

*next morning 7:37 am*

“Ah, hell. I’m gonna be late for school.” I murmured to myself, as I grabbed my bag and shoes and ran towards my chauffeur- Leo. He does have a different birth name, but he prefers it when people call him by his zodiac sign. Weird, I know. Anyways, I slammed the door of the BMW, and started to wear my socks. After I was done, I looked up to see who was assigned to me today. To be exact, which bodyguard was going to stalk me throughout the day.

“Mike.” I let out a sigh of relief. He was one of the guys I liked on the team. Atleast he didn’t act like he was a statue. I didn’t mind him stalking, er, protecting me throughout the day.

“Miss Alisha.” He nodded.

“Pssh, Mickey. Don’t go all formal on me.” I warned playfully.

“Mickey? Like the cartoon? Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. You nicknamed me after a mouse?!” He yelled, playing along. I told you he was not like the dumb and deaf type guards.

And we burst out laughing.

“You saved my day.” I hugged him from behind.

“Let me guess, couldn’t sleep?”

“Worse. The WHOLE flippin’ day we were either deciding on makeup, hair, dresses, accessories, shoes, and what not. Wait, we didn’t even get to decide. The wedding planner had hired people who ordered US. Not only me and the bridesmaids, but also the bride! And me being me, refused. Which cost me some lecture about manners, and the people who ordered us getting fired. BUT because of all the drama, it took ES, Marc (a/n Jacob), and the three stylists beyond 2am to figure everything out. The wedding planner then called us because of some confusion about the cake, so that consumed another hour. And at night later…never mind.”

I continued to complain about the crazy day I had yesterday, skipping the nightmare part. Nobody but Salman knew that, I intended to keep it that way till we figured out what was going on exactly.

“OK, now I see why you are visibly grumpy. But you got it all sorted out, right?”

“Yup. The wedding gown is perfect. The bridesmaid dress is great, too. I’ll get to wear a short dress, considering I’ll look drowned in a full-length dress. And the shoes? To die for!”

We talked all the way to my school. Leo joined in occasionally, too. It was good to see he was getting used to working with us- me particularly. The first few days he used to be nervous to death. But now, he looked much more relaxed and composed. Someone had warned me that getting me upset meant a pink slip from my brothers. That wasn’t true at all! Ofcourse, if someone tried to overstep boundaries, I’d make sure they’d pay.

“Guess you’ll be grumpy again now.” Mike joked, analyzing the scene infront of the school building. There were so many people here. Fans and more than a dozen paparazzi. What a peaceful morning it was, indeed.

Mike got down, and quickly managed to make some room for both of us. And then he opened the door, but didn’t pull me out. I smiled at the fans and media personnel, but didn’t stop for pictures and autographs. Just two more minutes, and I’d be late for school. And I could not handle another ‘you-are-a-spoiled-girl-but-it-will-not-be-tolerated-here lecture.’ This time, I would explode if she accused me of being a brat.

But, luckily I did get into the school just seconds before the bell rang. I ran towards my first class- English.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT, FAN, VOTE (IF YOU LIKE IT)