I'm With You

A little more twist in the story!! :) You'll get it all in the upcoming chapters!! Oh, and I added some music, too. The song used later is by Avril Lavigne......there is a link on the right too, if you wanna listen to it (it's a great song!) 

Hope you like it!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SALMAN’S POV

I walked out of my room, running my hand through my hair. It was early in the morning, and everyone was probably still asleep because we came home late yesterday. It’s our third day here in Dubai, and we had gone shopping yesterday. And when there is a teen girl, a pregnant woman, and a guy who loves to goof around in the malls; the mall hopping never ends. I won’t dare to start counting the number of stores we visited yesterday. Then we went to Burj Al Arab for a midnight buffet. By the time we reached home, everyone except me and Sohail had passed out.

I couldn’t sleep for some reason. I felt restless, like something was wrong. I was about to walk out the door for some fresh breeze, when I heard a noise. I stopped and scanned the house. Nobody could have broken in, with all the security measures taken. I listened carefully now. A sob, it was a low, muffled sob. I knew who it was; I knew the sound very well. I walked up the stairs, and cautiously opened her room’s door.

There she was, lying on the bed, face into the pillow. Her guitar- Destellar- was lying beside her, with her diary on it. I could she something scribbled into it. I was still looking at her, when she wiped her tears and turned around to see me. Then she looked down, spilling a few more silent tears.

She looked so sad, so helpless. She should never feel pain and sorrow. A girl like her deserved all the joy in the world. But, she was troubled. I hated myself for seeing her in this position.

I sat on the edge of her bed. She immediately placed her head on my lap and cried her heart out. I waited there, rubbing her back. I wanted to know what it was that hurt her so much, but I needed to give her some time. Whatever it was, it wasn’t a petty issue.

She’s been through a lot lately. Maybe it was just her bottled up emotions erupting now? Or was it something specific? I had to wait to find out. Right now, she needed her elder brother, her guardian, to let her know she was safe, she was not alone no matter what.

ALISHA’S POV

I cried my eyes out, almost literally. I didn’t know why I was crying. I didn’t know why I had written the song. It was all a blur. I just remembered waking up, feeling so alone, so lonely. I didn’t want to think now. I just wanted to spill the pain I felt.

After a while, I stopped crying, but I still lay there silent. All this time, Salman sat there, stroking my back. I loved how I instantly felt safe under his touch. I looked into his eyes. All I could find there was love and pain.

I shot up, startling Salman in the process. I grabbed Destellar and sat in front of him.

“Want to hear it?” I choked out.

“If you want to show it, yes.” He replied, squeezing my hand. A small smile appeared on my face as I started playing. I didn’t need the diary; I already knew the lyrics well. Songs that touched you didn’t need to be inked down.

I'm standin' on the bridge

I'm waitin' in the dark

I thought that you'd be here by now

There's nothing but the rain

No footsteps on the ground

I'm listening but there's no sound