What's the name?

SALMAN’S POV

Since I’d reached home, everyone was talking only about the baby. Boy, was he loud. Some things I had noticed. He had associated Malaika with food, Arbaaz with sleep and smile, Sohail with play and fun, and Lizzie with calm and peace. Me? Oh, he loved the swinging around and playing with his uncle.

It was beyond midnight, and everyone was super tired. The media was trying their best to get some baby information out. We had already gone over it. We’ll try to ditch as much limelight for him as possible. We didn’t need another Lee. The away he stays, the better for him.

So, security was even more than Z plus, nobody was allowed to put any pictures of the baby on the internet. And with the baby and tired parents, it was chaotic. Just as I was about to drift into sleep, I heard crying. I jolted up, and within seconds everyone was in Malaika’s and Arbaaz’s room. We had a nursery getting painted with boy stuff, so till time he was staying here.

Malaika looked tired. She had bags under her eyes, and could barely stand. I got the baby and smiled, and she returned it. I was trying to coo him and get something to eat for it. I couldn’t do it all alone. Liz walked in, and I called her towards us.

“Hold the baby? And sing something please?” she looked down, playing with her fingers.

“Wh-what if I do something wrong?” she asked, looking at the baby.

“You won’t. Let me show you.” I showed her the way to hold the baby, and she grasped it quickly. I handed the baby to her, and she settled on the counter in the kitchen. She began singing a song of Beyonce.

It was true, he did get calmer and quieter when she sang. He looked at her with his huge blue eyes, and smiled occasionally. They’d be great siblings than be aunt and niece. They were way to close already. It was amazing how the baby brought joy to all our lives.

I got the baby some milk, and we began feeding it. Then, she and me walked him around till he burped, and I took him to my room. There was no point in disturbing Malaika and Arbaaz now. She was still recovering, and Arbaaz was tired beyond limits. I kissed his cheek, and set him besides me gently. Then, kissing Liz on the forehead, I laid next to the cutest baby in the entire world.

*five days later*

ALISHA’S POV

Wow, the rate at which babies grow is astonishing. I came home from school, and went straight to meet my lil champ. We all called him champ now. He was a champion, really. Champion in making us all go ‘Awww’.

His lips were twitched as he saw the walls of his new nursery. It was nothing extraordinary. There was this huge crib, with cartoon character sheets and covers. The walls were painted with many Disney things. Mickey mouse, pooh, cars and many, many characters. There was decoration on the ceiling to keep him entertained, and toys for him to play with. How he loved it.

So cute, so innocent. I never wanted that smile to fade away. That is exactly why we were trying our best to keep him under the wraps and away from the media. He should live his own life without having to give a damn about anyone or anything. He deserved it.

Everyone was back to normal now. As much as they hated it, they were all off to work, and Malaika off to shed off weight. Fitness freak. That’s why there were three nannies. Yup, three nannies for one baby. I never liked the concept of having nannies, so never had one. I didn’t like them for some reason which even I didn’t understand completely.

Today, Arbaaz and Malaika were gonna announce the baby’s name. We had left the decision on them. And they had decided to come up with a name only after the birth of the baby.

“Who wants to know the name?” Malaika walked in, sweating in her barely-there shorts and sports bra. She already looked ultra-glamorous thanks to working her butt off. She didn’t look fat at all, but she loved to be super hot.

“Spill it!” I bent down on my knees, begging. I was dying to know. I had considered all the possibilities. I actually went through an entire website of baby names.

“Uh, I think we should…”

“No, no no! come on! You can’t do this to me!”

She laughed and shook her head. Then going over to the baby, she touched his cheek, and he looked at her. The sparkly blue eyes were full of amazement. He smiled again, and she kissed his cheek with all the love and affection. Motherly love, guess I was about to find out what it is like.

“Arhaan.” She whispered, not once looking away from him. Arhaan. I knew this word. It meant Ruler, conqueror. Well, he was one. He already ruled over our hearts. It was a name both Muslim and Hindu I guessed. They were searching for a name that doesn’t scream the religion, because we all are against prejudice about anything. I loved the name. Arhaan.

We waited till everyone came home and Malaika told everyone one by one. Sohail was the hardest. He would not stop guessing names. In the end, Arbaaz covered his mouth and let Malaika continue.

Did they treat me any differently? Nope, not at all. I never thought they would. Someone still tried to find time to drop me and pick me up. We tried to run errands together. I and Arbaaz went on a date again. And Sohail followed and joined in with Yana. Which was totally uncalled for, but I didn’t mind. In fact I did get to know Yana a lil better, and I thought she was a good girl for my brother…a bit too loud, but I could deal with that.

The paparazzi still managed to create all kind of crazy rumors. Like, ‘Did the baby exist?’ What the hell? So, in the end, we posted a picture on twitter. He did make headlines, and was discussed a lot. But then, people forgot about it when some stupid celebrity fight came up. We were relieved that that happened. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wo-hoo!!! Arhaan...you like??

just one more chapter to go!!!