A Date with a life-death situation

my first commenter!!! thanx :)

 MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!! IT'S LIKE 12:39 am HERE AND I'M AWAKE...........TRYING TO COMPLETE THIS!!! MY CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR ALL YOU AMAZING PEOPLE!! ENJOY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALISHA’S POV

*four months later*

Everything around was so lively now. It was October, and the festival of Diwali was nearing. It’s safe to say it’s the most awaited festival in India. Schools have long breaks, malls are crammed with shoppers, and decorations are on in full force. I was excited too. I loved decorating during Diwali and Christmas.

You must be wondering what happed when I went back to school after the epic fail of my plans? Well, aside from paparazzi and stuff, I got myself some more haters, some followers because of my name. But Nidhi and a bunch others stayed the way they were on the first day. Kind, cool and normal. This raised my respect and love towards them even more.

What made me even more joyous now was that Sohail was gonna be home too. He studied in NY, and was gonna be back for two weeks. I loved the fact that the whole family was gonna be together, with friends to enjoy the festive season. I also made a few friends here, some really close, some just be-friends.

But it was all good. Malaika and Arbaaz were gonna get married soon, and the baby was healthy. We didn’t know the sex of the baby, because it’s illegal in India-because some butt heads kill girls because they want a boy so bad. Cruel, just low, even for the most evil people on earth. Anyways, all was smooth…or so I was thinking before today.

Today was the mid-semester PTA or open day or whatever you call it. And guess what? Salman decided to go with me, since he was my legal guardian now, and he was “attempting to be a responsible guardian” according to him. I just stared at him, shrugged it off, and let go.

So here we were, in my Audi A4, going to my school. Ok, not MY car, but I used it most of the times, so everyone called it mine. I preferred it over the BMW’s anytime.

We reached school, and to my surprise, the news that Salman was gonna be out and about hadn’t leaked. Good, because I was still in my party outfit from last night. We got out at around 4, went to some script reading session, where I slept light, and all that resulted in me looking crappy.

Don’t look at me like I am too young to party. It was a kid’s party, one of my friend-Sasha’s- younger sibling’s birthday party. So yea, it was all Disney!

As we walked through the corridors, a nun ordered the guards to stay out to maintain peace in the school. Men in black, with guns and shades attract attention, apparently. So, it was just us two who walked into the class. Him- confident, smart and fresh. Me? Looking beat, sleepy, and trying to ignore all the whispers and giggling and daggers shot at us.

We sat down, with a teacher handing us my papers. He flipped through them, looking pleased. I had decent grades, I knew that for sure. And then started the long conversation with my class teacher. She didn’t have anything against me thankfully. Some of them hated me for obvious reasons. So it went on and on and I finally pulled him out.

“That was long!” I mumbled, emphasizing the last word. He just shook his head as we headed out the gate. As we walked our way towards the car with bodyguards, with smiling and waving at the 3-4 men with cameras, a gut wrenching crack split through the air.

I didn’t know what had happened; I didn’t know what to do. 

I felt someone pushing me, a body shielding me. Then I just covered my ears in an unsuccessful attempt to block all the sounds that surrounded me. It all made sense then, in that one moment I realized what was going on.

We were being attacked.

I felt Salman grab my arm a little too hard and pulling me away. I realized that he was trying to get a cover to protect ourselves. Then he pushed me down, and almost immediately, I heard a person’s blood curling cry. That’s when I saw a pool of blood on my hand.

I blocked out the entire world. I didn’t register a thing. I could have been there for only seconds, or even minutes, I didn’t know. Blood, bullets, guns, death were the words that clouded my mind.

Blood, red, slick and dark. It was mine. I couldn’t feel. Was I dead? Or am I in coma? Is it how you feel when you’re dead? Is my brother dead to? No, he can’t be. I can see him with a gun. Gun! Can one carry a gun when (s)he’s dead? I thought. All the sounds, I heard, but didn’t process. It was too fast, yet too slow. I didn’t know what to think. Was I crazy now?  

I felt someone hug me. I couldn’t move. I tried to. Was it because I was dead? Or in coma?  A figure picked me up a placed me into a car. I saw many more people. I knew them, but didn’t quite well. Who were they? One of the lips moved, were they speaking? I couldn’t hear what. Was I a deaf spirit? I didn’t believe in spirits.

“Baby girl please!! Speak to me, just anything Pixie.” I looked at someone. It all fit into place. I decided I needed a recap now; my brain was way too flooded.

a)     Me and my brother were just attacked by atleast half a dozen people.

b)      I was hurt, bleeding and scared. I didn’t know if I was shot or not.

c)      We were now driving, probably to a hospital.

d)     One unknown person, unconscious, drenched with blood was in the front seat, and was dying or already was dead.

e)      I didn’t know if anyone else had died or not.

f)      This was not a dream.

I focused my vision towards Salman; I could see he had bruises, but not a bullet wound. And suddenly excruciating pain took over my hand. It was like someone was stabbing it with sharp objects repeatedly. I cried out in pain, as my brother tried to wrap my hand and apply some pressure to prevent further blood loss. We came to a halt, and slowly, everything went black. With faint voices that surrounded me, I only registered a fading voice, firm and caring, filled with assuredness. It said. “Safe love, no worries.”

SEAN’S POV (a/n: if you don’t remember, he is one of the bodyguards)

I was sitting in the hospital chair, waiting for the doctors and my boss’s family to reach here. I was hardly wounded, only a little scratch on my hand. One of my colleagues was shot in the arm. All the seven people that shot were either injured or had fled away. Maybe one or two were dead. I could regret less. We don’t kill by choice, we kill by profession. They were wrong to shoot at innocent people, especially a child. 

Speaking of my boss and the child, both are doing fine. My boss is being treated right now, but he’ll be back to normal in a day or two. The child is hurt badly. Her left palm was sliced open because of a broken glass piece on the ground, as Salman tried to keep her safe from the bullets as much as possible. A reporter- a biased, judgmental one, I might add- is fighting between life and death. He was shot with three bullets, one near to his heart.

I was sure that this was carried by the people who were threatening the family for extortion money. Boss’s family is strictly against supporting funding for the wrong people, and they refused. This is what they answered with. No wonder most people in the show biz surrender in front of them, but this family was different. They had their own values, and I respected them. I hoped they will get over this soon. About me? I was trained about this. I’m was a former secret-service agent.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT AND FAN please??? 

merry christmas once again!! 

and u guys know i love suggetions.....so yea feel free!!