Answers

I'm fast right??? I said an hour or so, but its only 10 minutes!! :) proud of self!!

ANYWAYS, this chapter will give you all the answers!! I AM NOT KIDDING!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALISHA’S POV                  

“He’ll burn me!” I cried and shot up to detect any danger.

“Lee. Calm down…”

“He’ll …I don’t know! He can do anything. Harm me, o-or.” I realized. He can hurt any of us. He will hurt us.

A muscular pair of hands grabbed my body, and I wiggled to get away from the grip.

“Let me GO! Please!” I begged, and I moved my legs around to get away.

“I won’t harm you. Lizzie. It’s me.”

“NO! Please, leave me alone!” I pleaded again for mercy. He’d kill me, kill us all. He was a vicious creature, he could do anything humanely possible to make me regret.

“LOOK AT ME!” he said, firmly- loud and clear.

I looked up to see Salman holding me tight, on his bed. I calmed down, and realization hit me. He let go of me, and I got out of the bed. He followed me to the kitchen. I drank water, and looked at him.

“Sorry.” I said, gulping down cold water.

“You don’t need to be.” He replied sitting down at the dining table.

“What time is it?”

“Around six in the morning.” He said, looking into his phone. Great, I woke up so damn early on a holiday. Only me.

“I hate being up this early.”

He chuckled. “Me too.”

We sat there for a while, in comfortable silence.

“Who was trying to hurt you?” he asked, protectively.

“It was just a nightmare.” I lied. I hated lying, but I couldn’t tell him about what he said.

“You are a terrible liar. You know that.” He shook his head. Argh! He knew me too well. Sometimes I suspected him having supernatural powers of reading my mind.

“Let me deal with it, just this once?” I snapped at him and regretted it instantly. Salman somehow maintained his calm, and played with my fingers gently.

“You don’t have to deal with alone. I can see something is troubling you, something that we don’t know about. And don’t say that it is about the girls because I know it isn’t. Tell me, please. I’m dying seeing you this way.”

Did I have a choice? Nope. I had to tell him, one day or another. Because he needed to keep himself safe from him. We needed to keep everyone safe from him.

“He said I’d regret it.” I didn’t need to explain further. He knew who it was, when it happened and what bothered me. His jaw clenched and he cupped my face in his hands before replying back.

“He is a sadist, he derives pleasure from others’ pain. He said it so you’d suffer. He can’t lay a finger on you. Or anyone else related to this case. He will be in jail for atleast next fifteen years. He is arrested under a non-bail able warrant. You don’t have to face him, ever again.”

I believed him. He’s in jail, he can’t harm anyone now. But the sickening feeling in my stomach stayed. It was my gut instinct that knew very well how low he could get. He was a sadist, and had his own way to make a person suffer for the rest of his life. Look at me. The mark he inflicted on my left wrist still made me flinch and goose bumps rise.

“What did he do…why?” I asked, slowly and cautiously. I didn’t even know if I wanted to know the answer, but I also knew that I wouldn’t be able to survive if I didn’t.

“I was told not to tell you. But I will, because you have the right to know. And you are a strong girl, who has three brothers to fall back on. Let me complete first, please?”

I nodded, bracing myself for the worst.

“Human Trafficking.” He said, and my heart pumped faster in my chest, at a rate that scared me.

“These people traffic children. From all over the country, and some from other countries, too. They are a small section of a business. And the nightmares you had about Marissa? They were…”

He paused, thinking.

“They killed girls who resisted being abused. Who they considered unnecessary trouble. They burnt them, like you said. And then they crushed the left over and added them to the soil.”

“How many?”

“We don’t know yet. The cops are trying to find things out. Like how did the girls get here, how did you witness the… Uh, the people who were involved. Their names even.”

I nodded and sat there, frozen. How was I supposed to react? Should I be sad, angry, mad, shocked? I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to think. I needed some time to digest it all, and Salman knew. He sat there, holding my hands in his.

“Anything else?” I asked, and he nodded.

“Saina said you weren’t there for a long time. Roughly three weeks. And she said that you said that you lived in New Jersey previously.”

“Now that I know everything, can I have some ice cream?”

Salman laughed and got up to get some ice cream from the fridge. Anyone else would have sent me to a psychiatrist, but he knew me so damn well. I always wondered how. He understood the way my brain worked. It was like we were synced together. And he knew that chocolate ice cream with some chocolate sauce and Chocó chips saved my day.

We got our bowls to his room, and he switched on the TV. He flipped through the channels, and stopped at Cartoon Network. Why you may ask. Well, Tom and Jerry was playing.

“Awww…poor Tom. Get Jerry the next time.” I encouraged, just like people do during soccer matches.

Salman chuckled and said, “You are the only person on this planet who supports Tom and not Jerry.”

“It’s not fair for the cat. I have my reasons.”

“And what are they?” he asked, amused.

“Ok. One, Tom is a predator. It’s only natural for him to hunt and eat Jerry. Two, Jerry always messes stuff up and Tom gets into trouble. Most of the times, Jerry picks up a fight. Three, in real life, I prefer cats to mice.”

“You are second to none, you know that?” he nudged me and I shrugged.

“I am you sis after all!”

“And people wonder why you are my favorite!”

We spent the morning giggling and talking in his bed. I swear almost everyone thought we had gone crazy because of the traumatic experience. But my family knew exactly what we were doing, and didn’t bother us- much. Except I ended up in the middle of a ‘group hug’. Which was more like a smother Liz tactic. With all the laughter and giggling, I almost forgot about all the things Salman told me. Almost.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please tell me what you think!! :) I <3 honest opinions!!