He hates me...why?!

So, who do you think it was in the last chapter??? Read to know!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*RECAP*        

I walked to the upper deck, where, surprisingly nobody was to be seen. Maybe they are all still inside in the ballroom. I stood there, staring at the calm waves, when a hand grabbed my arm roughly.

ALISHA’S POV

I looked up to stare into a pair of old grey eyes.

“Please.” I pleaded for him to let me go. I couldn’t fight him; I had tried and failed multiple times. When I was younger, I couldn’t escape his grip. He would always succeed in scaring me by his words, holding me tight. And my mind would always reach the time I was six, when he abused me badly and I couldn’t defend myself. I froze everytime I ran into him.

“You!” He hissed. “Stay away from my sons. I don’t even know how a kid like you can be so evil. You don’t belong here. You don’t deserve being here.” He was shaking me, while I stared into his eyes. Why did he hate me? What did I do?

“Get away from her!” Selena grabbed his hand. What was she doing here? He could hurt her. No no no!

He pushed me across the deck, and I stumbled to the ground.

“Look at me. Did he hurt you?” Sel helped me get up.

“What were you thinking? He could have hurt you!” I yelled at her.

“By what I could see, he was hurting YOU!” she yelled back. She wanted to help me out. I would have done the same if I were in her position. I would risk anything to keep her safe, too.

“Sorry.” I whispered, hugging her. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks. He hated me.

“Here are the BFFs. Everyone is looking for you girls. It’s time for the wedding cake to be cut!” Sohail came walking towards us, with Joe and papa J. His eyes widened when he saw my tears.

“What happened?” Joe yelled, making me flinch. I looked at Selena and signaled her to keep quiet. They shouldn’t know. Arbaaz loved his dad, and so did Malaika. They were guests, too. If they know, it’d ruin their day. I couldn’t let this happen.

“They have to know.” She said, looking at me.

“Know what?” Sohail asked, kneeling down in front of us.

“No, Sel. Please.” I pleaded. I can’t do this to my brother and my sister.

“Sorry Lee. What happened was unacceptable. You can’t…”

“Don’t you get it? It’d make a huge mess. Everything is fine! Let it be this way.” I cut her, yelling near the end.

“No. Liz, everything is NOT fine. Selena, do you know what happened?”  Sohail looked at her.

She nodded, and explained,

“I was trying to find Joe to tell him that his dad was looking for him. Good to see you finally found him.” She smiled at Joe and papa J.

She paused to look at me, and I mouthed a ‘no’ as a last try. She shook her head and continued.

“I came here to see Lee’s hand in a tight grip. He was saying something to her, but I couldn’t hear what. I knew something was wrong. I ran and told him to leave her alone, and he pushed her and stomped away.”

“Who was it? Do you know?” Sohail asked, taking Selena’s hand in his.

“Your father.” She stated flatly.