Catching Up

hey, fun chapter! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALISHA’S POV

One thing I love about movie screenings? We can watch movies I theaters and catch up with friends without being bombarded by fans. Again, I feel grateful that so many people love my family. But, sometimes I feel the need to be an average, normal kid going to the movies with her friends. But the experience is kinda ruined by paparazzi.

Ok, I don’t mind the ones who have some manners and respect for privacy. They usually add ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and ‘good morning/evening’. So, even I behave with them. But the unruly, disgusting ones? I have to rush inside so I don’t smash their cameras.

“Hey here, please!”

“What are you wearing today?”                         

“How was your day?”

“Why did you fight with your friend?”

Were kind of the questions. Now the whole industry knew I had a fight. There were reports online, and the PR team was trying hard to keep it under control. I just replied with ‘Way too personal.’ Or ‘You don’t wanna know.’

But surprisingly, I was in good spirits even after all the Q and A round. I was gonna meet my friends after days!

“Hey!” Sara chimed and hugged me from behind. She was one of the sweetest girls your ever meet. Her voice, her smile, her eyes all looked so innocent. She never bragged about her money, which made her even more special for me. But, she absolutely hated being clicked by the paparazzi.

“Hey! Wassup?” I smiled back. Wow, either I was getting shorter, or she had gotten taller.

“Got back yesterday from tour.” Her dad was like the world’s best cricketer. Cricket is the most famous sport in India. It’s more famous that Soccer and baseball combined in US. Arbaaz always joked that people love it so much that the cricket kit is given to a kid even before he starts walking.

“Yea, I saw the highlights. A few cool shots, huh?”

“Hmmm…” Another thing about her? She gets really shy when anyone compliments her or her dad or anyone in her family. Told you, the sweetie girl.

“I see I have two gorgeous girls for company today!” Aryan came in. He did come with me, but had to go to a friend’s house first. So, here he was.

I was at Mannat for the whole time after practice, hanging out with him and his sis. Mannat is his mansion’s name. And it’s easily the in the top 10 mansions in the state. I still haven’t memorized the entire place, and manage to get lost at his place often. Someone gimme a map!

“Yup, who can kick your butt anytime they want to.” I replied back, and Sara punched me in the arm playfully. See, she was also one of the most polite ones around. No violence and trash talking for this girl.

“Whatever guys, I’m starving.” Aryan said, and we went to buy some stuff.  The thing is, they do give free popcorn at screenings, but I never liked them. They always gave the mixed ones, and I only had salted or cheese ones. Also, we hadn’t had our dinner, and we were planning on having junk. We bought trays of stuff – fries, popcorn, coke, nuggets, nachos, samosas, pasta and what not. Yup, we could eat like pigs.

Nobody told me cameras were allowed inside! They clicked dozens of pics of ours with two trays with each of us. We laughed all the way, discussing the headlines tomorrow. I think they were gonna declare that we three were neglected, abused and malnourished at our homes. I couldn’t wait till tomorrow’s gossip rage. The PR team will kill me, but who cares?

The movie was epically slow and way too long. Did they edit it or not? However the movie, we three had a blast. We were chocking of laughter at the drama and serious scenes. Everyone shot us angry glares, but we could care less. We got to be normal kids at movies! Except paparazzi and bodyguards ofcourse.

*next morning*

“Wake up baby girl!” Sohail jumped on my bed repeatedly. He was back to normal magically, and that I was relieved about. But, I still didn’t want to wake up. I was content to be in my dreamland having a dance party with dolphins and Shamu the killer whale of Sea World.

“Wakey upey!!” his body crashed onto mine, and the opened my eyes. He was atleast 3 to 5 times stronger and bigger than me. I was being sandwiched.

“Uff!” I frowned and got up. He was all smiles, and had some breakfast ready by my bed side table. He is not the best cook, but he can set and garnish dishes really well. He had some cookies, pan cakes, bacons and fruits for me.

“Eat sweetie pie!” He beamed and I scrunched my nose. Girly names, how I hated them. He laughed and poked me till I started eating. Normally, I couldn’t eat on bed, unless I was sick or someone was extremely happy. As in happy enough to make and set breakfast at someone’s bed side. Yea, my brothers got it most of the times in hotels, but I didn’t. Injustice I say.

I ate the not so carb free breakfast and walked into the bathroom. Crap I was late. I had a two minute shower, changed and grabbed my bag, wallet, shoes, watch and some chocolates. I walked towards the BMW but couldn’t see Leo around. Oh come on! He’s always on time.

“This one today.” Sohail grabbed me and sat me on a bike. Not another ride, I thought. My brothers loved bikes. They knew about each and every type of bikes and also cars. And according to many also had an exquisite collection. This one I was guessing was the latest addition to their museum.

“That’s why you are so happy?” I asked. Giving any of them bikes is like gifting babies with sparkly, colorful stuff. They glow with pleasure. Boys will be boys.

“Yep, and nope.”

“Huh?” I asked, climbing up behind him. Thankfully I had worn tights today too.

“I’m happy for this bike too, and also for something else.”

“Who is she?” I knew it! He was grumpy yesterday, and grinning today? That has to be a girl’s charm on him. Z was someone serious for him, but things didn’t work out. I hope this time they’d stay stable. I hate to see anyone in my family being super depressed.

“Yana.”

What the frick. Yana, his secretary was his girlfriend now? I never really liked her. But then I couldn’t judge her so soon. I hadn’t really come close to her like I was close to the other staff.

Anyways, she’ll have to go through my interrogation soon. But atleast I had my own brother back. I hugged him from behind and he started off. I knew there was someone following up behind, but it didn’t matter.

We reached my school, and it got pretty crazy. People and cameras were swarming around us. Sohail smiled as I handed him the helmet, and got down. He was a safety freak. He had the best helmets possible. Placing a hand on my cheek he kissed my forehead. Flashes burst out, but I ignored them. He said he’d be back to pick me up too, and that made me smile wider.

Knowing that it was gonna be another pathetic day, I stepped into the hell school. 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha! what if her school friens ditched her?? Others are still alive! :) 

do your guy friends/ brothers/ bf love bikes and car too? Coz all my frineds do and my dad does too!! 

please COMMENT, FAN and VOTE (if you like and think its worth it!)

much appreciated, Thanks!