Going Back There

SOHAIL’S POV

I didn’t want to do this. I didn’t want her to do this either. I was ready to do anything to stop all of it, to take her, our lives back to normal. But for celebrities, life is anything but normal.

I stopped infront of Lee’s gym, the security car behind me. And behind it a police jeep. It was 7pm, she should come out any minute now. She hated the fact that she had to visit a crematorium. Even worse, she had to go to a place where innocent lives were burnt into ashes. Thankfully, no paparazzi were around. Not many people know where she trained, and that night was still a secret. Everything that happened on the premier night was still under wraps. People were speculating, and we were letting them. The more they created rumors, the farther away they’d go from reality. Which is exactly what we needed.

“Hey.” Liz opened the door slowly. She was in her sweats and jacket all sweaty and tired from practice, looking hesitant. She didn’t have to do this if she didn’t want to. She was a minor, she had all the right in the world to refuse.

“You sure you want to?” I asked her, taking her little but ripped hand in my hand. Why did she love the sport, I didn’t know. All I could see was falling and getting hurt. But as long as she was content, I was fine with it.

“Yes.” She nodded, suddenly confident. She was determined to help find the truth, find justice. How could I refuse?

I nodded and the car engine roared to life. The next hour was the most uncomfortable hour of my entire life. I wanted to hold her tight, give her every ounce of strength I had within myself. I wanted to end all this suffering. But I couldn’t, and I hated it. I hated that some things aren’t in my hands.

I was going with her for support. To be there behind her. To protect her, to show her I will always be there for her. I doubt she needed any support. But I did need to go. I couldn’t leave my baby girl to deal with it on her own. Arbaaz wanted to come too, but he had to stay back because of some baby emergency. And Salman was stuck on the airport due to some weather changes.

The amount of courage Lizzie has shown throughout the months is praiseworthy. After the black day, after the Tokyo incident, after the Twitter drama, even after the premier night…I don’t know if I could have handled it so well so young. She seemed invincible. She still managed to smile and lead on with life. Even though everything was against her, she didn’t give up. She fought, and fought and fought. Something I have always admired about her. The last thing she’d think about was quitting.

ALISHA’S POV

Just the police seals around the place made me want to run back to the car. But I couldn’t. For all the girls who were killed in this horrid trap. Even worse, for the victims of human trafficking. How were they living their lives? Miserably? How could I even begin to imagine? And that, that exactly could have happened to me. That or death.

Honestly, I prefered to die than live a life in which I had no respect. Sold for a few dollars, like some toy, some piece of crap. Sold for physical pleasure at such a tender age. It disgusted me to be forced because I was vulnerable. Inhuman monsters. It was the most atrocious thing one could ever do- abuse the fragile.

I needed to get them justice, because nobody deserved that vile life. And I didn’t care what it took. If it made a difference, if it saves a few and got justice to others, I’d do anything. I wanted to make a change, a positive change. And I needed answers.

The police asked me one more time if I was sure, and I nodded. The cops were being co-operative with us. The special branch for anti-child-trafficking was on this case, and were successful. They had managed to rescue over two hundred girls, and arrest over five ‘dealers’ in the city. More action was going on outside the city too. They said that it was a big catch, but the actual problems would start at court. That’s where they needed me. To make the case stronger and make sure the accused are not set free.

A cop opened the door with a screech, and everyone turned on their torches. Sohail was right behind me, and security all around us. He placed a hand on my shoulder, and squeezed it. I reached to his hand and returned the squeeze.

I slowly took in the surroundings. The place felt wrong, terribly wrong. I was suffocating in there, but I couldn’t back out now. I was gonna do this. The place was filthy, not cleaned in months. There were no windows in the small cabin. There were spider webs all around the corners, and I was sure there were other insects too. But the metal box in the center of the room grabbed my attention.

That’s where they burned them. They burned Marissa infront of me. A small, helpless version of me years ago. She was alive, she was begging for mercy, for help. But all I could do was watch the fire engulf her, slowly, painfully. I ran a finger through the buttons, not sure if I was in reality or flashback anymore. There was no fire, not I felt the heat. The room was dead silent, but I could hear the screams. Nobody was holding me back, but I could feel someone resisting my movement. What was going on? I didn’t get it.

All of a sudden, a sharp excruciating pain travelled through every cell in the left wrist and I cried in agony. It was happening again. Not again, please. It had stopped. Don’t start it again. I saw figures circling around me and calling my name. I was lifted and taken outside, still in pain.

“Ok, that’s it. We are heading back.” Sohail ordered and sat me into the car. No, not after all of this. Without saying a word I got out of the car and went to a senior cop. He kneed down to my eye level and waiting for me to catch my breath.

“It’s that place. I’m sure. It’s exactly what I saw, or remembered. They killed her here. I know it.” I whispered as fast as I could. Hope he believed me, because if he didn’t, everything would get ruined. What if they walk free? What if nobody gets justice they deserved? No, that can’t happen. I’ll never be able to live with myself if they walked around freely. They don’t deserve to, they don’t even deserve to live anymore. Give me a gun, and I’d shoot them.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Do you think I cried in pain because I saw a spider? No. Look at this. I got it there. I’ll never ever forget that incident.” I hissed, annoyed. I wiped the concealer off my wrist and shoved the wrist into his face. He looked at it, then back at me, and again at it.

“I’ll talk to you later. Get some rest.” He nodded and got up. Get some rest? After all that happened? I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Good thing I have DVDs to watch. And someone better be online tonight.

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT : THIS STORY WILL COME TO AN END SOON!! FOR MORE INFORMATION, WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.....