Together, Forever

OK, this may not be that great, but its almost 3 am here, and i am tired! BUT i fifnished this one because I may not get to write tomorrow.....Girls day out!! :) Enjoy!!! 

btw, don't you love the Bentley??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALISHA’S POV          

I kicked the foam cubes, frustrated. This was the sixth time I attempted that skill, and failed. What’s worse? I knew that skill, I had mastered it months ago.

“You are not concentrating.” Raj commented. He was an Indo-American Olympian. He couldn’t train because of the FIG orders, too. So, he and I were training here in India. There were gymnasts from several other countries, too. Russia had the highest amounts of gymnasts training here. FIG had requested India and a few other countries to let gymnasts from all over the world train in their countries, so they don’t lose out till the time they ‘inspect’ the other gyms. So, I was in India, Lauren was in France, and the other girls on our team were in Brazil or Spain.

“Back to Earth.” Raj chuckled.

“Uh. Yes, sorry.” I got back to the old, crowded gym.

“What’s wrong? I’ve seen you train for months. You never lost your focus. Not even after the…”

“Attack. Yes, I know.” I completed for him.

“So, what now? Something is troubling you.”  He asked, concerned.

I played with my fingers, trying to avoid his gaze. “Nothing is wrong. Just, everything back home is kind of chaotic. I’m tired, that’s all.”

“You need to talk. Not with me, necessarily. Someone you trust, maybe?” Of course he didn’t buy it. I was a terrible liar. I just nodded and excused myself for a water break.

The gym looked like usual. Gymnasts were conditioning, training on the various apparatus. Even though we were from different countries, competed for different teams, we were friends. They weren’t as close to me as my team in US, but atleast I had fellow gymnasts around who smiled and waved occasionally. I spotted a girl I knew on the beam. Her flow and appeal on beam immediately reminded me of Roo.

I missed my gym, the Sky. I missed my team. I missed Roo and Kay the most, because we were the closest and the best gymnasts in the gym. I missed all the laughter, playing around. I missed how Trevor would get us to practice when we all wanted to gossip. I missed my home.

“My lil sis, the day dreaming champion.” Salman chuckled as he picked me up from behind.

“I wasn’t day dreaming!” I frowned, inhaling his scent. And it actually hit me.

“But you were supposed to be back 2 days later!”  I looked at him, once he put me down.

“Thought you could use a surprise.” He shrugged.

“Hey girl. Back now!” Raj yelled, pointing at the vault.

“Go go! I’ll be in the car.” Salman kissed my cheek, and turned to get out.

I hadn’t realized how much I had missed him. He was gone for more than two weeks. Now he was back, back with us. I let out a sigh and went over to the vault. I nodded to myself and ran towards the apparatus. I was going to talk to him.

And I landed almost perfectly.

“Wow girl, if your brother being here makes such a difference, I’d have him over every day.” Raj winked at me. What would I do without him? Since I had no coach, he looked after my training. And he being an Olympian knew how difficult yet important it is to train with every ounce of passion and determination. In fact he pushing me was the only reason I came here to train every day.