Growing Up

More music from Jo Blankenburg on the right :)

~~~~~~

Every day, I grew. It wasn't long before I became 5 years old. The age acquired for a kid to learn warfare and survival at the NewBegin School.

The school caught my attention for a couple of years now up this time. I've passed the school so many times when I was 3 and up. So many times, that I knew where to peek and where not to. I knew the path, it's details, and it's doors.

Occasionally, I'd peek through those open windows during the summer and lean my head in on the 4 year old wooden logs that framed them.

Memories of excitement to enter in and join filled my mind as I skipped through the path that led to the school. The wafting scent of pine in the air, the maple green leaves flapping in a soothing breeze, and the crunching of twigs beneath my feet reminded me that it wasn't long ago when my interests in the area begun.

The art of caring.
And
The art of daring.

The excitement brewed as I knew those doors were very close. I stopped skipping and slowed down.

This is it.

Anticipation filled my insides and entered in.

~~~~~

The school taught how to defend yourself and learn about the past of Fatenturia, the history of the King and Queen, and the history of those who died. NewBegin respected them very much. The history of Fatenturia wasn't all filled with sadness, however.

A small portion of our studies included the princess.

It mentioned that she is alive, but hidden in secret for safety. I contemplated how the princess must have lost so much when the teacher began explaining the tragedies that filled that war, but my thoughts soon wondered to the grateful heart within me that I am alive and so are my family. I loved it here in the woods, my mom and dad were very happy, and I was content with whatever I had. I felt a pang in my soul for the princess as I listened, although I never met her before.

I'm pretty sure she's very closely guarded. I concluded. She's probably living with the Fate Few at the big, huge tree house.

The Fate's tree house were on serious no-can-do go here policy. Rarely, would they let someone in. On one condition, they actually let the kids in.

I was one of those kids.

At first, I thought I was special, but I was being too flattered. I know it has to do with the concealment of the princess's leaving and entering. I mean, it's the perfect diversion! Who knows? She could be pretending to be one of my classmates...

I talked to the Fate Few, but when I could, I would occasionally sneak in a request if I may see the princess. But no! They would just simply tell me to scurry away and play with my friends.

Then they would just smile, pat my head, and expect me to go and play.

I would then think how rude of them to treat me like a little child. But it was true, I was a child.

But I always wanted to meet the princess, but no one is allowed to. No one.

I don't get it though. How is she supposed to go play?

I twirled a strand of my black hair as I began to think.

I think she has a secret room to stay in and teachers come in to teach her or something. I heard stories that she disguises herself when she goes out and she can't really make close friends...but what if she's in this room right now!