Back

Angel closed the book in reflex to the startle she felt after he had tapped her shoulder. She jumped simultaneously at his abrupt and surprising intrusion of her thoughts that he chuckled at her reaction. Angel searched his face for a good few seconds, but saw that he had not known what had been running in her mind and what was within her book.

The first three words on the first page could have been the death of her.

Death never seemed to scare her. It was the reasons that did. The reasons that those she loved would be left to mourn for her. She didn't want that. She didn't want them to be sad if she were ever to face death. In fact, it's been way before that since she got settled with death.

Angel took a sigh after Prince Chance had stopped his chuckling. She smiled back crookedly, changing her exasperated face at her close call.

"Sure." Angel answered his question and then he sat down on the seat in front of her.

"Your journal, right?"

"Yea." Angel nodded.

"Soo..how'd you get to know Abason?" He simply stated straightforward.

"Oh, uh..at a festival. We actually met each other as little kids first though."

"Oh, okay." He paused. "It's odd. He never talked about you."

Angel didn't reply.

Seeing that she wouldn't say anything after that, he thought for a few seconds.

"How'd you become the huntress of Alleyal?"

"Well, he knew I was good at hunting...and we were close...so ya."

Wow, that was a terrible explanation, but apparently, she couldn't have told him exactly why. This guy was the son of the bad guy!

Angel just sat there making the Prince think she wasn't interested in talking too much at the moment. They both sat there awkwardly turning their heads to look at irrelevant sounds and movements around their surroundings. Angel had to admit, it was a little funny. She stopped looking around when she brought up the idea once again to use this opportunity. The Prince was trying to get her attention, and he was trying hard. She decided to speak up,and give him some footage. However, she was a little moody and she knew it.

"I can't talk long, but I was wondering...you already know that I'm on this task to find the village right?"

"Yea."

"So you're all leaving the camp grounds and the forest?"

"Uh-huh."

"Good. I know you said you were going to help me, but I'll ask for the favor later 'kay? I'll ask you when I need it, but I really have to go soon. Again, thanks. You're really charming and all, but things are getting pretty messy."

Angel thought she should have never said the last part, but it came out. The prince smiled at her mentioning him as 'charming and all,' but the last part of her sentence made the Prince's face change quickly to discerned at the last words.

"Messy?"

Angel stuffed the book in her bag once more and swung it behind her. Then she hesitated at his question.

"Uhh..yea. But I can't say...I gotta go."

"Maple." He tried to stop her after getting up from her seat almost turning her back to him.

"I really have to go."

Who knows how long it would be before something wrong happens in New Begin...Their probably already worried I haven't been back.