We Need Leaders

I got the group together for an important meeting. It was night time, and the skies were a deep navy blue. We were in our meeting room 'living room' of our tree house. We shut the doors, all locked, and the windows were covered by the curtains.

We all sat down around the indoor fire pit. The ceiling had an open circle above it to release the smoke coming from the fire letting the fresh air in and sunlight. I waited for all my friends be seated.

"Team, Fate Few." I acknowledged our group name intensifying the situation." The King and Queen ten years ago protected our people. By protecting they have died. They have died because of the greed and hate Greanger had. They have died mercilessly because of power. They have died because they loved their country entirely. They have died for us."

Uneasiness swept the room as the recollection of what happened ten years ago still rang clear in our minds.

"I come to you all today in such a respectful and serious manner because of this very event that caused the death of our beloved leaders. The event being a war. A war against those who are brainwashed and have fought alongside evil for their own purposes. They craved death, hate, and malice. They hate all except themselves. They hate any race, but their own. These are the Greangers. People who have no humanity, compassion, forgiveness, or love."

"May the war between Greanger and Fatenturia never be forgotten. For they have killed many friends and turned many away into betrayal. I call this war, my fellow companions, The War Against Peace. For a war that was not wanted by Fatenturia, a land of peace, has been in our midst those days. An attack unwanted and a war only the selfish have sought. I tell you my friends, those chosen by our beloved king, do we hide forever?"

"No!" the Fate Few shouted.

"Or do we live, so that those who died have not died in vain?"

Adez face stiffened, duty fled into the room. Eyes all focused on their leader.

"Our King and Queen have died! Will they die in vain?" Saber boomed his voice louder.

"No!" they all cried.

"Will our fathers and mothers die in vain?" Saber's neck showed veins.

"No!" They raised their fists in the air.

"Will the next generation, our future die!?" Saber yelled louder than he ever before.

"No!" They lifted up their weapons in the room. Anlace yelled with a deep strong voice.

"Then we will train, we will grow, and we will fight." Saber slowed his voice, "For the sakes of our past, our present, and future!"

"We will fight!" They all rose from their seats and raised their weapons up and down.

"Then let's train."

Everyone sat down.

"Now, we have a few men, but all will work for the good. We will train our men as the best. We are few, but we will be the best. We need leaders. We will build an army like no other. We will get our kingdom back." Saber looked at all their faces. "Bring it in."

They all placed their hands together on top of the other. "For Fatenturia." Saber smiled.

"For Fatenturia!" They lifted their hands into the air.
~~~~~
I got out of my bed. My speech last night was a success. We were all energized for what's to come. A vision was in our view. But as the leader, I may have never ever felt more burdened. Why? Our men. We were few, but in my heart I could barely believe we could have a successful army. I walked into the bathroom and looked at the mirror. Pain was in me. My eyes glared at me telling to me to relax and to heal. Many was hurt in that war. I just can't imagine how many we have lost.