Wrong Message

Angel's POV
~~~~~
The hug had only been friendly. I squeezed him tight to assure him and let him believe me that I will come back. I didn't help him all this way for nothing. It was real true friendship I was offering. To stab his friendship lingered nowhere in my mind. My thoughts were of pure friendship and love towards a friend. I was one who would never like to betray. After all I've seen in my life and heard, betraying another is out of my agenda. Seeing that Abason had went through such trouble with wounds that would most likely take long to heal from his past, showed me that no one should be treated as such.

His hurt face showed it all like a once happy pup who is now a beaten and strayed dog. His eyes still showed of much promise, and it would show more for sure if only someone would help him open it. Much emotion filled the bluish eyes of his after I have given him a hug. The blue seemed to scream help for want of escape and peace and the reddish yellow color of lanter light that reflected through them showed fear, hurt, and sorrow. I placed my shoes in his as I thought in my mind of what would it be like to have such hurt within. My eyes as a warrior has heard many stories of hurt families as they were told through my years as a young girl. All of which have never left my mind.

Everytime a story from a broken past was told towards me, I could not help but place myself there and feel what they were feeling. It had become a skill of mine to place myself in someone else's shoes and I have kept it with me forever since. Now, another past is revealed to me and my heart broke for the young man who was probably a couple months older than me. Ironic that I would call the prince a young man in my mind, but at this moment it all felt that way. I always seem to be trying to protect him and care for him like he would never be out from under my imaginary wings.

I replied with those three words. I love you. They escaped my lips as truth of a friend. I would give my life to die for a soul as him. After leaving him, his story played through my mind, I, myself, placed in his shoes. I felt every wound of hurt within me and a longing for it to heal moved upon my skin. It flashed within me as I raced through the forest...

An image of a father and mother killed in the very castle I just had left appeared in front of me. The very same castle Abason was raised. It placed a stinging mark in my mind at how it felt if such a place of an evil past be lived in and yet have no idea what happened. The place must have been almost like a picture perfect image before, until something killed the life within it. Evil roamed within hiding its perilous happenings. Greanger placed greed and revenge among hearts of truth and love in a place once known as good.

I fell and tripped due to the cloud of thought that covered my mind and replaced myself back to the reality in front of me. The translucent shade of red covered the canvas before me of a place I haven't seen before.

I must have wondered off to the wrong direction and have led myself to the top of a hill with a lanscaping view of rolling hills below. Golden cornfield appeared to be red hot rods doused in the color of the now setting sun in between two green rising hills. The hills shadow went towards the fields of corn and orchards of sweet smelling apples. The place was quiet. Almost too peaceful that it appeared unreal for its view. But something else caught my eye and made an impression of solitude and ruin. A castle that had a breached crumbled wall. Scorched marks of soot decorated it with flame shadows and cracks that appeared to try holding on. Most of the rest of the castle stayed in tact almost unharmed, but with faded colors of dark red painted small spots around it. The land surrounding it were speckled with broken arrows and wood. The ground was disformed around it as if a tree had been uprooted from many places and the dirt left as it was.

However dilapitad the castle seemed, the castle appeared to be blending with its peaceful surroundings as best as it could. Newly fresh grass sprouted around the jumble mess of dirt and flowers that peeped their heads out all around. Vines gripped on the jagged rocks of the castle lacing it intricately.