A New Begin Training

The birds chirped for me to wake. The curtain waved at me to get my attention and the breeze aroused me. I yawned and my fists hit the air as I stretched. Rubbing my right eye with my right hand, my left eye saw my candle on my nightstand blown out with only but a little bit of wax left on its stand. I rolled of my bed seeing around me a mirage of different papers of sorts and drawings covering my walls.

I must have forgotten about it last night and not seen it.

All the notes and letters that were scattered around my room invited me to read. I checked a few. The drawings of the children that I played with last night. They thought I was a legend. I laughed at the thought of it. I goofily looked at the art made from those tiny hands. Hands that used to be my size when I played swords and war with. After seeing a couple of notes on pictures they drew on them words such as 'U R OSOM!' or 'I lub yus.' It just started my day so wonderfully.

I gazed out the window and colors of blue with the slightest hint of purple dashed the sky. I took a big whiff of air and released it with my eyes shut. I gazed down below and villagers were soon out and busy though the sun has not quite shown himself. The smell of fresh baked bread rose its sweetness and birds gathered around close to the small bakery our town had.

I turned around to run out to the bakery after smelling the savory smell. I washed my face quickly, got myself all cleaned up in a jiffy, and changed into my new warrior clothing. It fit on me perfectly well, and it allowed me to maneuver freely. I grabbed my bow and new quiver then I ran down the spiraling stairs.

"Mom! I'm going to go get some bread!" I hollered as I ran.

"Okay honey!" My mom replied.

"Yes, go get some honey also!" My father yelled from the back as he crafted metal shields.

I giggled. "Okay dad! I will!"

I vaulted over a large fallen trunk in front of the yard. We usually used it as a bench, and as I did, I saw Neil in the distance. "Good morning Neil!" This morning felt way beyond refreshing like I was a new person again.

"Oh! Hey Angel! Uh..Good morning!" He tripped and fell face down.

I giggled again, but louder. "You okay?!" I ran towards him.

He stood up quickly as fast as he fell and brushed off the smears of dry dirt in the small needle sized dents of his clothing made from the fabric. "Uhh..did you have a good sleep?"

"The best! You?" I led him to the bakery.

He didn't answer. Maybe he didn't hear me. "Uh.." I continued our converse, but then he answered.

"It was...um..pretty good." He paused, "I guess.." He mumbled the very last part making me worry. I changed the subject.

"I had a lot of fun last night. Hey, do you want some pastries?" I stared at the shelves of wrapped bread and displayed pastries.

He hesitated, "No, no, it's alright."

"You sure?" I studied his face and it looked hungry to me. "My treat."

He gave in. "Alright. Just one though. I'm not letting a girl buy too much for me."

"Okay," I waved a strawberry jelly filled cake in front of his face, "if you sayyy sooo..."

He shook his head and laughed.

"Okay well, I'm gonna buy some extra, maybe for later...or if you change your mind." I bit into the cake. "Mmm..delicious!" I taunted.

"Angel." He shook his head again, but a glint in his eyes revealed it all.

"What!?" A grin followed my words.