Questions

Angel's POV
~~~~~
The lights within New Begin have been all snuffed out besides the one that lit the inside of the Fate Few's treehouse. Only a couple windows were lit within it and some shadows danced on the curtains. I knew how to get in with the most sneaky quiet footsteps that even the waving grass was louder than my feet. However, I sat on top of a horse and figured I had to tie him somewhere. I signalled Abason to stop before we would get into the compound any closer just to make sure the slow galloping of the horses hooves would not alarm anyone.

I swung off the horse like a flitting bird. Only a few sounds of moving flowed into the air. It was a smart move that I had decided to stop the horses because the trails underneath the soles of my feet was now partly hard considering the little pebbles that occasionally popped upon the trails.

I remembered the field where the horses of New Begin grazed and decided to bring the horses there first. Midnight nudged me from behind my back as I stared out into my home and gazed my eyes upon him. His nose nudged me again and then to my pack pushing me slightly. The horse whined and neighed, but I immediately clasped my hands around his pushing nose.

"What is it boy?" I looked at Midnight and then Abason. Abason shrugged clueless as I have been and when I let my hands go, Midnight began to neigh and lift his hoof up like a begging dog. "Shhh.." I placed my finger to my mouth and my other hand on the horses mouth. I looked at Abason's horse if it had done the same.

Abason's horse was the color of wood and dirt. It's hair that draped down it's neck maple in color, a lighter brown color than its hide. It stood still as if it felt the forest. It appeared to keep its neck up bold and one with its surroundings. "Oakwood looks alright to me. How come Midnight is acting goofy?"

As if Midnight knew what I had been saying, he signalled again by trudging his nose into my pack. "What?" I whispered annoyed that I was about to smack the creatures nose, but I withheld it. I opened my pack and found some carrots in a bag instantly.

"Of course. You're hungry aren't you?" The horse nodded as if it had understood. I took out one orange root and waved it in the air. I moved it closer to the black steed's mouth, and Midnight chomped forward to bite it. Quickly, I pulled the vegetable back towards me and the horse missed. I took a crunch from the veggie and watched the horse's whimpering eyes.

"I'm just joking." I stroked the forehead of Midnight and swiped my hands to his nose. "Here you go."

The horse munched on the plant in seconds. I gave him a couple more and then hugged the black beast. Soon Oakwood, Abason's horse, eyed me in jealousy. I smiled at the friendly steed and gave him a carrot also. If a horse could smile, Abason's horse did. His face showed it clearly as he crunched on the orange veggie as if the sides of his mouth stretched with every bite. After patting the horses and a few short moments of smiling at Abason, I began to lead the horses to the grazing ground and stable.

Everything was going smoothly as planned. No sounds were made much by the moving hooves, and Abason and I have been speechless through the night only giving each other our signals and nods. Soon we tied our riding companions safe within the stable. I left the bag of carrots along with them, all of which are ready to be eaten as it laid in front of them in a bowl.

Afterwards, I led Abason back into a more concealed area for us to enter into New Begin. The way I went was familiar to me. I had used the spot many times to sneak into the Fate Fews tree house because of my little girl adventure within me. I had tried many times to find the princess within those wooden walls many times, but this time I was just gonna ask where she is.

I was gonna know one way or the other.

The hunt for the missing princess may have been fun, but this is a matter that needed to be handled with help. I needed to ask Saber and the Fate Few. I had to let them know what I was up to. They have to find out where I had been going and learning. They have to know about Abason.