What You Get

After the training, I just felt like zooming into the safety of my room to crash and fall into my bed. However, now that I was in my room, it didn't matter to me anymore to crash in the bed at my room at the moment. Instead, I just kept pacing. Back and forth, back and forth. It's like floods of thoughts just rushed through and the flood gates opened.

It was afternoon and the shades of the bright sky slowly vanished; the men were all probably home and sleeping. My eyes wanted to shut close, but they dared to stay open. My pacing helped me stay awake, the thoughts mostly responsible for my inability to sleep.

My brain filed the events of the past few days, and priorities seemed to be hard to pick. I realized that training should have been first on my list. Strenuous as it already is. To focus on that would seem to be right because it's not optional and it was demanded. However, it is true Abason invited me without knowing of my duties, yet at the heat of the moment accepted his request. Now, I have learned of the things that may linger still in those drawers haunting my mind, and I have not yet told my friend goodbye. I should tell him that it needs to wait for I'm sure his duties may also make him busy and that I'll be back sometime, maybe unexpectedly.

But I don't want to be an unexpected guest...that would be rude. To tell him to wait for the answers and letters of his father that he has always wanted to know, would be a crime for me to let him wait. To ask a prince to do as such is more, I guess, appalling.

I sat down on my bed feeling dizzy of the thoughts, and another came to mind. Roy and Pete. Oh for heavens sake, when did life become so complicated?

I laid back expecting to feel the wonderful plush of bed to calm me, but then remembered my own bed was not even close to the luxury of the bed at Abason's castle. I sighed, then sighed again, and began to crawl into my covers.

My eyes began to flutter, and the heavy sacs finally closed. All thoughts left my mind as it seemed, but I knew my brain would sort it out after a good night sleep of rest.

Right when sleep was about to hit me, something hit the wall of the outside of my window instead. My eyes flashed open and I reflexed up in a sitting position much like how the dead in stories sat up quickly as if they became alive.

I jerked my head towards my window and placed on a grouchy annoyed face. I got off the bed and went to the window. Once I saw the sight of Roy, I sighed a stressful sigh for he was just in my thoughts. Not that he was supposed to be a problem, but at the moment it seemed as if it was. I glared at him like a statue with the window still closed leaving him to wait.

I gave him a look of complete annoyance and then I saw his head tilted back and his mouth wide open as he jerked up and down. His hand held his stomach as if it hurt, and from my interpretation of his motions, he was obviously laughing uncontrollably. I smiled at his sight catching my grouchy mood and putting it away. I opened the window to my friend and he signaled me to go downstairs by forming a person walking down imaginary stairs with his two fingers as legs.

I told him to wait, and I soon got myself ready. I placed my feet carefully after the other every step down knowing already which part each stair creaked at. I avoided those areas and then finally got to the bottom with no one alarmed of my awakening.

"What is it Roy?" I whispered loudly as our space closed in closer.

"We all watched you train practically in front of the whole village." He moved about nervously.

"Roy, do you have any news I don't already know?" I chuckled. "Spill it out. There's no use being nervous to tell me anything. You're still my friend ya know?"