The Roamers

I'm all grown up now. I'm 16 actually. Not the little girl I was back then. It was nice though. Being little and all. We all grew up. Neil, Pete, Daven, and Roylin, we all did. We were the Roamers. The teens who would go out and adventure in the woods, make tree houses, hunt, and do some pretty crazy stuff. I don't know what happened to Abason. We could never find him or contact him in the woods. Anyways, today we found out something huge. Big.

Out of all this time we have never been to Daven and Roylin's home. I don't know why, we just always went to the 'enchanted' field and hung out there. When we went to NewBegin, no one seemed to ask who Daven and Roylin are. They just accepted them to our humble homes. I guess everyone is just to busy rebuilding no one thinks of it. New Begin was better than it was six years ago.

Okay, so we planned to meet at the field again, but this time we were going to stay at their home.

Criss-crossed Daven broke the silence as we were all seated on the soft grass. "So, I realized we always went to your abode, but you guys never really been at ours."

"You just realized that." Neil poked.

"Noo..Of course I just realized that now." Sarcastically, Daven eyed Neil.

"Soo..what are you trying to say Daven?" Pete replied.

"I was wondering if you guess want to come over."

"Yay!!Let's do that!" I yelled. Yea, I'm a pretty excited person...hahaha.

All the guys looked at me. I gave them a 'what?' face.

"Angel, do you ever become calm?" Roylin questioned.

"Hey, what is that supposed to mean..I'm just excited we're invited to our best friends place for the first time! I mean, seriously, we've been best friends for how long?" I sat up, my knees rubbed on the green grass.

"She does have a point." Neil pointed out.

"Wow, it's been, six years. Crazy huh?" Pete said as he looked at the clear blue sky.

"So, I know Angel definitely wants to come. How about you guys?" Daven removed his crisscrossed legs and sat with his arms supporting him as he straightened out his legs.

"Sure. Why not?" Neil proclaimed.

Daven looked towards Pete. "Pete?"

Pete nodded. "I was set when Angel said she was going." He looked towards me.

We hung out for an hour, talking. I watched a butterfly hopping from one flower to another. Our talks had long pauses too, but we all didn't seem to mind. We were always mesmerized about the place and we were comfortable around each other, like family. Time passed by, we made the event solid. It wasn't long when we went back to our homes in yawns and see you laters.

I jumped in bed anticipating the event. Tried to sleep, but began packing instead. After a short while, the darkness grew thick around me and my yawns grew stronger. I fell asleep.
~~~~~
I was all packed and ready. My parents gave me their consent.

"Comb. Check."

"Bow and Arrow check."

"Toiletries. Check."

"Honey!" my mom yelled out. "Don't worry about your luggage, I checked it out last night. Come and eat your breakfast!"

"Coming mom!" I ran downstairs my bag bouncing behind my back as I stepped down each step of the stairs. "Mom, are they here yet?" I asked as I passed the table counter filled with cream filled bread, fruit, and fresh cow milk. I snatched a creamy piece of bread into my mouth.