The Impossible

Angel's POV
~~~~~
I went. At this moment, I knew I had to. My long lost friend mattered a lot. It mattered just like my training. Somehow I'll make it for training, but tonight I'm going to Abason. I already said I will, and I will. Nothing will stop me. Not even my deprivation of sleep. I have to and I needed to do it now. I spilled a cold bucket of night water and it made me shiver from head to toe.

Surely that should wake me up a little more. I also made some chicory coffee, roots that were roasted then used just like ground coffee and added a little bit of goat milk. The roots were already roasted and stored by my mother for it was my dad who usually had his early morning cup of Joe to give him that little kick he wanted. But his never had milk. He loved it dark and a little bit of honey. I thought it sounded a little weird, but I placed honey in mine also. Sugar was hard to come by around these woods.

I got changed rather quickly, quickly as in I slipped my pants on while hopping to get my socks and boots type of quickly. I grabbed my usual things after slipping on my boots, almost placing the wrong boot on the wrong foot. I grabbed the lantern that sat next to my nightstand and lit it up and went out to the outside hoping it wouldn't blow out while I went. A torch would have been better to handle, but the possibility of accidentally lighting a whole forest on fire would be terrible. Especially when sleep is probably one of the major factors in the process of starting a forest fire in my situation.

I scurried and went out, my steps forced to run but touched the ground lightly. It did feel like weights were on my legs, but I ignored them. I didn't want to wake anyone up. Not even the squirrels who probably stayed in the little caving on the edge of our tree house. They were a nuisance to my father, and he tried to get them out many times before, but they always managed to move back in and board the tree house with us. I called them my family pets when I was a little girl. Now I was just plainly annoyed by squirrels.

But my effort to not wake them up failed. One came out and began turning its head left and right, but I had no time for that. I just grabbed a nut I had from my pack and threw one at it. I kept going and left the gorging squirrel in the small light of the villages. I paced myself quickly, but avoided the speed of where I would be panting heavily. If I let that happen, I would probably fall to sleep literally. Just like the time I fell into the Lion's Mouth when Abason found me. The time he saved my life. The time when he helped me when no one else was around.

When it was dark and it seemed I couldn't see anything, someone was there. Someone was placed in the right place at the right time. Could it have been fate? I began to wonder.

Then I remembered what Archie said to me when I was younger.

"Everything happens for a reason. Someone planned all this out." He pointed to the sky. "It may seem like things are going down hill, but in the best and perfect times someone's there to help you." He pointed at my heart. "God places things in our lives so that we know, He's always there for us even if we don't feel like He is."

It all happened for a reason.

My mind began to wonder, but I soon felt like I was shutting down. Peace seemed to sweep the forest that seemed to say "don't worry" and "all will be fine."

Then I shut my eyes closed, limped, and then fell.
~~~~~
Abason's POV
~~~~~
The tasks of the day was finished. Throughout the spurs of tasks I kept checking the clocks that ticked around me in my study room, in the conferences, meetings, and duties. I couldn't wait for her arrival once again. Once the clock hit time for rest and break I bolted like an excited dog for a treat.

"Did she arrive yet?" I asked Sabrina. I personally made her chief for alarming me for the arrival of our special huntress.

"No, sir." She smiled as she moved about to fix the room next to mine. "But I'm sure she will."