Plans

I finished writing my journal that none of my friends know about, which is obviously a good thing. I couldn't trust Daven with it. He obviously showed that when we had Angel's journal within arms reach.

I placed the journal in between my matress. I opened the floor door in my room. I climbed down my rope ladder leading outside the treehouse. After a couple of bars down, I jumped off the ladder landing on my two feet. I walked towards the Fate Few's house where Roylin and Daven were staying at.

Taking walks in the morning and getting out was always refreshing to me. The morning air, the tweeting joyful birds such as robin's and cardinals, or the way that the sun seemed to cover the entire place entering in through the large cedar trees with their waving dark green canopies. I strolled with a smile.

Knock, knock, knock.

I took a step back as I waited for someone to open the door. I shifted from foot to foot as I stood in patience in front of the wooden door. I turned around as I heard clanging and shinging of swords in the distance. I saw Neil and Saber clashing their swords to one another as I stood watching them from the door. Oh..the Fate Few is out training..So is Daven and Roylin. Well, they weren't training, I guess they were just sitting down on the benches examining. I turned around leaving the door unopened. I'll tell Daven and Roylin about my idea for a surprise party first. They were not busy so they seemed to be the perfect people to tell first.

I walked back down the dirt paths heading towards the training grounds. I took my time. Time seemed to be all in my side. All I had to do was pretty much relax today, get out my idea, invitations, setting up, and get Angel to come in at the right time. Seemed quite easy enough. Parties don't take that much planning right?

I walked as nice and slow as I could, without making me feel like a slug. I was pretty used to running like it was walking now that I'm in that good of a shape, but I tried slowing it down. I inhaled and exhaled deeply, taking close attention to my surroundings. The ducks flew above me in their usual 'V' formation every year. It would be nice to shoot them down, but today was just a day I wanted to relax. They gawked in the air as I walked and a small thumping sound caught my slightest attention.

It was a squirrel banging a nut to a tree. I just paused and watched it as it tried to naw about and around the brown shell of the hard fruit and it looked at me as I watched. I decided to leave it alone and I kept on with my path. I felt a bit like I were stalling time as it slowly passed me, but no guilt came from it. Recreation should be something people should do once in awhile. Of course to waste time in recreation too long is no longer recreation. It becomes rather the stealer of time. Laziness and idleness.

But for me, after my graduation this was a well deserving break. I finally got to the arena area and saw Neil and Saber sparring close up. I smiled and waved at Roylin and Daven and they waved back. They let me have a seat next to them and I sat down besides them.

I watched Saber and Neil as they sparred with even swords. Neil had the swiftness on his side however and Saber had a better balance. I watched for awhile as they clashed their swords one to another in a very war like manner. They both block each other always leaving them both still fighting.

"Huh, even match huh?" I broke the ice.

"Yea," Daven's mouth was wide open in awe."Their both really good."

"Their like the perfect match." Roylin turned his head to face me with his excited face.

"So, what you guys gonna do today?" I brought up a question.

"I really don't know." Daven kept his face to the battle trying not to miss one itty bit of the spar.

"Yea, me neither. I mostly plan to just relax and do mostly nothing." Roylin faced me again. "How about you?"

"Well, I have this idea.." I leaned in closer.

I told them about my idea for a surprise party for Angel and that we all should have a graduation party and for opening up the month break. They both agreed to my idea and quite rather seemed excited for it, but something about Roylin's overly happy face made me want to think he was thinking about Angel throughout the whole idea. Hopefully, he doesn't put some sort of romantic twist during it. It is my idea and I meant it to show her how much I cared for her.

We three went right away to get some of the supplies needed to get this task done. Roylin went to search for decorations and theme materials while Daven went out to tell some other people. I'll tell Neil and the Fate Few about it and get some people to bring food. It would be like a village party. Everyone in the community could get along and spend more time with each other. If we don't get done by tonight, we could just have the stuff set up and the food can be prepared for tommorrow. Oh this is gonna be great! I really hope Angel doesn't see the process of its making though. That would be quite the bummer.

When Daven and Roylin left, Saber and Neil stopped.

"Good game." Saber answered. "You're almost as good as I am." He laughed.

"No, I'm just better." Neil placed his arm around Saber's and Saber did the same.

"I'm joking. You've done very well. I'm very proud of you." Saber placed his hand on Neil's hair and rubbed it around messing it up.

"Soo.." Saber looked straight at me, "What are you doing, boy?"

He made me feel like a little boy when he said that and I always thought of him as an older adult when he said stuff like that.

"Well.." I started out, and then I told him of my plan for the day.