Dancing Candle

I sat on my desk thinking of my lady guest rather than the duties of todays focus for the morning. The tip of my feather pen touched the bland scroll of paper blotting it with black ink. The feather touched the bottom of my chin giving me a tickling sensation. My other hand was under my chin helping me support my thinking head. A Fatenturia girl. No, she can't be. She probably just found the bow and arrows in the forest. All Fates are dead or either captured. They couldn't have survived for ever. Where would have they run? In the woods? But I was told that the area has been fully scouted. How can they not have seen a village of thriving Fates? I will have to wait for the girl's answers.

First of all, I do not know for sure if she is the only one. Maybe she has been living in the woods on her own. I glanced back at my blank paper. I was supposed to send a message to the King of Greanger for any further advancement in the kingdom of Randoumy. I was to compromise of the soldiers I was required to send in further expansion of the Greangeran power.

I didn't feel like writing however. All this war is making me quite tired. I glanced at the candle right above my paper. Just staring at it as wax began to leak on its sides and drip very slowly. I sighed deeply. The room felt too quiet. No sounds, and I was only accompanied by the the dancing little flame waving back and forth at the movement of my breath.

I imagined the flame being the girl. The girl I don't know. The girl who was somewhere in this castle getting ready and maybe shocked to be here. I don't even know if she will even remember me. Last night seemed just like a dream. A dream filled with loneliness and sadness. I still don't know what she was doing there though. I remembered the water falls. I never have been there before, but the time I saw it, I knew it was magical. Somehow, I know it was. Like I was there the right time just to save the same unknown girl I 'met' three long years ago. I still don't have any idea of who she is, neither does she know who I am. Well, at least I don't think she knows who I am.

She seemed to have no idea who I am. I'm sure she found out I'm a prince by now. Hopefully, she's not wondering in the castle just opening doors and searching. If Fates still roamed in the forest, she could be spying right now in my very castle. Finding all the weak and crooked areas that they could possibly enter or she might be drawing a map of the entire palace. I hope not. I kinda like her. Not a lot, yet..however. I began drawing a figure of a girl on the blank scroll and drew a drawing of me next to her. Both of us looking at each other in the eyes like the time I laid her down next to the fire pit.

Everything began to grow dim, like a huge blur. My eyes began to swirl the figures of the room. I felt my eyes fading away into a want of sleep. I was tired. I suddenly felt my head bending lower and lower slowly to my desk. I laid my cheek gently on the top of my table with papers all scattered around it. My cheek lying on the sketch of two people. Me..and the unknown girl. What if she was from Fatenturia and I was the betraying ally of her country who turned our backs from them? Why can't there just be rest..why can't we just have peace...why can't I just lie down and know we were not to be attacked anymore? Do we have to keep attacking? Does Fatenturia and Alleyal have to be enemies still?

Truly, my mind was tired and weary. I have studied and stayed late in this work room all alone for hours upon hours many times before. At times like this, I would get out once and awhile. Of course I had combat training and leadership and so forth, but I was always truly alone. Alone bearing a burden so huge for a country. For my people, and for my kingdom. My eyes looked at the flame and focused at it. It faded. My lids closed. My vision was now in blackness.