A Lone Prince

I got out of my castle. Sleep could not come to me. It seemed as if the night would be so much longer. The minutes seemed to end for hours and my room was all empty and alone. I walked out the majestically huge room filled with nothing important to me. It contained a king sized bed as for sure I was soon to be crowned king for I was the next heir. I had no more father and mother. The advisors have told me different stories of how they have died, but to me they died and I was all alone. I went out my room a guard stood straight and still with his clangy armor next to my door. There were more guards posted in the walls of my castle now.

When I disappeared when I was younger they soon placed more guards in the castle. That is why it was rather hard to get away now. I've started to wonder about the kids I met that day. A girl and four boys. I wonder where they had come from. My castle was filled with people, but to me the place felt empty. I was seen, of course, and recognized for I am the prince, but I still felt alone. I've always had nights where I would just wonder. Wonder about my parents. About how it would be like with them. I was in this castle, no one to truly talk to. No one who would really quite understand.

I walked down the long spiral stairs that led to the main room, as I walked with slippers and a robe over me. The guards just ignored me. They were just there to protect I guess. I looked at the full furnished rooms of the castle. Things coated in gold sat on the tables of well furnished expensive wood and paintings of the most expensive hands the world had to offer were hung up on the walls. But my heart was empty. I had a home full of things, but my heart had holes of all sorts. Spots that could never be filled. Things that would never supply it. Desires that can never be satisefied and a thirst that seemed to be never quenched.

Inside my heart, I tried to fill it with material things, but all that entered was sadness, loneliness, pain, and confusion. I glanced at all the things I have and thought of the poor who were happy and joyful. They had not much things, but they had much love and family.

My eyes slowly watered. I had to get out again. All the friends I had here seemed not to really care for me, but themselves. Maybe..just maybe.. I might see some of those kids again. In the woods. If not, I could just stay out and breath in the breath of the woods. I took a glass of warm milk and drank it up. I went back up the white stairs and went into my wardrobe.
~~~~~
The darkness. It seemed to touch me, but when it got closer to myself it felt like I had a glow that seemed to separated me from it. I glanced back. No sound or sighting so far. I went on now, lost in my surroundings. Not lost as in not able to find my way, the woods seemed to always show me the way. The stars and moon in the night sky also guiding me.

I trusted my footsteps and move about with less care as the sound of my companions have disappeared into the night. Listening for the streaming water of the fall, I walked knowing that sight alone could not help me through these woods.

I could feel the leaves rubbing on my face as I passed one extension of green hair from those trees and plants from the ground, also occasionally feeling the bark of wood as I extended out my arm out to find if something were truly in my way. My feet slowly sunk into the loose soil as it touched the ground for a short period of time. It were as if it were snuggling my feet. The trees calm and gentle waving arms seemed to waver to the music of the slow coming winds.

Soon the sound of water started to rise, the streaming sound more clearer and distinct from the sound of rustling leaves and little sounds that the night animals made. I took my time. I was supposedly to take a nap in the field and continue my journey, but thanks to my amazingly wonderful friends, I had to avoid them and sacrifice my short peaceful sleep in the soft beautiful woods.

I walked closer to the calming and soothing sound of the rushing water. It was quite, in fact, probably the second best alternative spot to sleep in the woods as of now because of its calming rippling and rushing of the water on the lush lime green grass.