The Meeting Room

The maid entered the room as I waited. She led the way and I followed behind her. I glanced around at the coming rooms with open doors and peeked as I followed. I walked in awestruck at the massiveness of the palace. I thought in my mind at how much a place as big as this could house. How many people you could invite in it, or serve for them to eat. I just wondered how huge can their food storage be. Maybe extravagant amounts. If I thought about it too much, it might be too much for me to bear.

I walked the awfully long hallways, although I didn't mind much about moving around at all. I wanted to get out of that white room and get my talk with the so called wonderful prince. Well, that's how everyone seemed to treat him around here. Well, now to think of it, why wouldn't they? They were his servants and he was their high status boss. I guess they have a good reason too. Still, however, I didn't really like it. Plus I barely even know him. Not even one single bit. I only got a really good glance at him during the time I fell and when I sunk.

So there you have it. My view of the guy I only saw twice. Okay, yea he did save me and he did keep me warm...and gave me breakfast...and clothes...and a roof...and got me safe.. Okay! So he did do alot of good stuff, but I dont care. I still don't really know him. Who knows? He might be my worst enemy.. I shook the thoughts aside and switched it with a better view.

Oh, come on myself! Think! You might actually make a new friend! Maybe he may even help NewBegin out!

"Fine." I said out loud to myself."I'll give him a chance."

The maid turned around at me with a goofy face. "Did you say something?" She asked thinking she may have heard something else.

"Oh," I opened my eyes wide. "Did I say that out loud?" I mumbled to myself.

"What was it again ma'am? Do you need something?" Now the maid looked utterly confused.

"Shut up!" I said to myself.

A startled look came upon the maids face.

"Oh, noo! I didn't mean that! I didn't say anything!" I finally made my way clear, sort of...

She nodded her head with understanding and pointed to a door.

"Am I supposed to go in there?" I asked.

"Yes, ma'am." She smiled with a face about to giggle. Then she bowed down.

"Oh, oh. Thank you." I bowed down back to her.

"Oh, no!" She laughed.

"Umm, may I ask why you are laughing?" A unsure face grew on me of whether I was meant to enter the door or not.

"Nooo, Don't bow." She laughed."Don't bow to me." She had a really wide laughing smile."You don't bow to servants like me."

"Oh, okay." I felt red and felt as if I did something really embarrassing. I really don't know how to act around royalty and places of royalty. If I keep guesseing on what I have to do, I'll probably embarrass myself all the more.

I entered into the room. Books and papers all covered the walls in the shelves that touched way up on the ceiling. A desk sat in the center of the room, papers all neatly stacked inside the folders. A feather pen stood inside the jar of black ink. The black ink looked really dry. The room seemed untouched. Webs began to form in one edge of the room a little black dangling spider hung seeing my arrival.

A chair stood in front of the dusty looking desk and a chair behind it. I wiped the dust off the seat and sat down. I waited...
~~~~~
I felt a small tapping on my back. I opened my eyes trying to remove the blurring effect my eyes gave me when I woke up. I blinked a couple of times and my eyes tried to tell me to go back to sleep. I jerked pushing my weary eyes aside. My head shot up out off the desk and my head hit a shelf of books close behind me.