Chapter 6: The Tour Around

Chapter 6
The Tour Around

A day has passed and Peitho is fully awake. Beige, the healer, who is dressed in a floral dress again (I swear that's her favorite clothes to wear), hair in a bun, is surprised to see Peitho fully awake. She scrunches up her nose in confusion, looking down in her clipboard. She sighs, shaking her head. Beige can't believe that a wolf has entered inside Dave's body and heal him. Even I, when I first met Peitho, couldn't believe it. Beige tells me that Peitho or Dave is good to go but he needs to be more careful as he still needs to be observed. I nod at her words, plunging it into my head to remember it. Beige gets out of the room, her hair flows down as she removes the pin.

"Does this mean I get to be toured around?" Peitho asks excitedly, jumping up and down as he cannot contain his excitement. I chuckle at his adorableness and he pouts his lips. I nod at him, and his face lights up into something very bright; brighter than a Christmas tree. "Yes, I get to be toured around the place!" He lets his fist fly in the air and I laugh at his childishness. He's so adorable.

Peitho is still wearing a hospital gown and I tell him he should go shower first, which earns me a huge pout on his lips that I fight myself to kiss. I tell him that I'll just get a pair of clothes for him to wear and that I'll be back in a few. He immediately nods and I point where the bathroom is. He runs quickly inside the bathroom, shutting the door. I laugh, shaking my head.

When I get to Dave's room, it's exactly how he left his room before the incident happened. The sheets of the bed are crumpled and the bed is unmade. There are papers scattered everywhere, thrown in every direction. The windows are slightly ajar, letting the wind pass through inside the room and cooling the place, cooling my heart as well, making my heart clench. I begin to pick up the crumpled papers and throw them into a bed beside a huge mahogany table. On top of it are more papers and pens. It's a drawings of his family. The face of his mum is drawn on the paper using a pencil. His drawing is sharp and detailed, and you can clearly see that he has drawn her mother a freckles on her cheeks. I pick up the drawing but drop it again on the table, feeling the ghost of Dave's hands on the crisp of the paper. I clench my hands, breathing erratically.

Tears begin to pool up in my eyes but I refuse to cry, knowing that crying would not do me good at all. I just need to deal with what's happening right now, and sooner or later, Dave will be conscious and he'll love me to death. A guy can dream, right?

I head over to the cabinet where Dave's clothes are placed. It's located on the left side of the room, the edges of the cabinet are full of pen marks. I guess this is what Dave was doing when he was staying in this room. I open the cabinet and I'm surprised to see that Dave has so many clothes. I pick up one pair of white shirts, a large size of brief (I gulp; stupid Zane!), and a cream-colored shorts that would totally look good on Dave or Peitho, since they are just sharing one body. It would showcase his butt. Once I pick up the clothes Peitho needs, I place the clothes on the mahogany table, ignoring the drawings of Dave's mother, and head over to the unmade bed to fix it. Even if the room is empty, I can still feel Dave's presence and I feel empty inside, my heart suddenly turning black from longing and yearning. I hug the duvet Dave has probably used many times and inhale the scent he has left.

Tears pour out of my eyes but I stop myself quickly, brushing it away with the back of my hand and sniffing. I curse under my breath and continue to fix Dave's bed and once done, I decide I should get back to Peitho since he's probably done showering.

When I reach Peitho's room, Peitho is already done showering. He has a towel wrapped loosely around his waist, his hand clutching both ends to keep the towel in place so it wouldn't fall down. My heart pounds against my rib cage as my eyes rake over Dave's body. His body is well-defined. Dave has a long, lean and strong arms, his abs are a bit visible and it looks delectable (Zane's thoughts? Zane can just run his tongue all over Dave's chest and tummy all day and night). The veins are visible on his arms, travelling from his biceps to his wrists. His height is about mine, but I am a bit taller.