Chapter 7: The Fallen Angel

Chapter 7
The Fallen Angel

I'm the one in charge of patrolling around the area. Together with the warriors, we patrol the area, checking to see if there are any intruders. The United Pack isn't very much strict with letting others go into our territories, but we're smart enough not to trust them. They have a special place in the pack land; the Guest Room, where they can be interviewed or so. If anyone has a guest that is not from the pack, they directly go to the Guest Room.

"Have you seen someone intruding?" I ask Damien, one of the warriors. He appears suddenly, jumping from the bushes and landing smoothly in front of me. Damien is one of the best warriors we have, trained by the Great Alpha himself. Damien shakes his head, and then we hear it. A small crumpled of the leaves. From the corner of my eyes, I see a swift move. I concentrate, not letting it get the best of me. For a  moment, I just stand there, both Damien and I staring at each other. Once ready, once I know that the intruder will be caught, I let my hand fly into the air and I grip his foot tighter. "Who are you, creature?"

The intruder has a jet black hair, styled and gelled up, and his eyes are a color of deep brown, so deep that it looks like his eyes are almost black. His pale lips quirk into a frown and that's when I gasp. The intruder decides to release a huge white wings, springing from his back and Damien lunges himself, attacking the intruder and together they fall on the ground. The intruder groans, its beautiful white wings flapping on the ground as if it's a fish. The intruder glares at Damien, who is snarling at him. The intruder doesn't seem like he's scared of Damien at all, considering Damien is baring his fangs at him for him to see. The intruder just scoffs and looks at me. I growl menacingly, taking a huge step and the man suddenly gets uncomfortable, even Damien.

He sits up in an Indian position, looking anywhere but me. His eyes roaming around the area, probably looking for a way to escape. It's not going to be easy if he tries to escape. I'll make sure of that. The man looks up at me and when I study him, he looks like he's a teenager; perhaps he's 18 or 19 years old. He looks up at me with his deep brown eyes that I just knew he had when the moon glints at it. The man tries to stand up but Damien pushes him on the ground. He glares at Damien, who is smirking mischievously at him.

"Damien, that's enough." I command him and he immediately backs away from the creature. From the looks of it, he looks like a human with just wings, who can fly fast. "Please get my clothes, I'll shift back." Damien goes out, jumping into the bush. I guard the creature, staring at him with my yellow eyes. Zane sniffs, trying to sense danger but we just can't get anything. When Damien gets back, he drops my clothes on the ground with his mouth and I bite on it, jumping somewhere I cannot be seen. Zane lets me take control of our body and we shift back to my human form. I wear the clothes Damien has gotten me and when I get back at the field, both Damien and the man are having a death glare contest.

The man look up at me. "Ew, earthling." He says to me, scrunching his face up in an adorable manner. I arch a brow at him, kneeling down to scrutinize him, which gets him uncomfortable. "Uh, don't worry; I'm not going to fly away. You look like an earthling. I look like an earthling as well, but I'm really not. Ugh, Cassandra should remind me on why sometimes I hate werewolves! Sometimes they stink."

"Who are you?" My eyes flash yellow as I glare at him. The man immediately purses his lips and crosses his arms across his chest, glaring at afar distance. "You have wings."

"Uh, duh." He says, full of sass as he rolls his eyes on me. "Obviously! I'm an angel for Goddess's sake! Of course, I have wings. Cassandra should be punished for putting me in a situation like this."

"You're an angel?" I verify, dumbfounded as he releases a long sigh, as if he's exasperated from just talking to me.

"No, I'm a unicorn!" The man says in a different, girly tone.

"Keep being sarcastic and I'll let Damien take care of you. Are you hungry Damien?" I look mischievously at Damien and he joins me, nodding as he lolls his tongue out. The man looks at us with wide eyes, pushing himself backwards, trying to get away from us as far as he can. Damien stops him by putting his paw on the man's leg. Damien smirks evilly.

The man sure looks like he's going to pee on himself in any second. "Okay, okay! You heard right. I'm an angel. Happy?" The man mutters childishly. I smile at Damien sheepishly and the man says something under his breath; a curse. I choose to ignore his mini antics and walk over here his direction, offering my hand for him to take. For a moment, he looks at my hand in suspicion, scrunching his face up in adorable disgust look but he sighs and takes my hand. I pull him up and balance him. The man starts to brush the dust off of him. "My name is Léandre. Léandre Bonavi."

"My name is Perry Dames; the Great Beta of the Great Alpha." I introduce myself and his eyes widen for a moment until his eyes go blank; emotionless. I ignore the look. "You're not dangerous, I sense it. But it would be nice of you if you come along with us in peace. We'll just ask you a few questions and then you may go."

Léandre huffs, pouting. For a moment, he looks like he's going to make a snarky comment but he fights against it. He sighs, defeated. "Okay. But can you please make him shift into a human? Werewolves sometimes scares me. I'm flattered that you keep looking at me like I'm a piece of meat, but please, hate to break it to you, I'm not into guys. Sorry."

Damien perks his ears up, his mouth curling into a sly smirk and he licks Léandre on the cheek. Léandre shivers in disgust, pushing Damien away, but Damien doesn't budge. I never peg Damien as gay but on the other hand, I haven't been really around the warriors. He seems to take interest on Léandre, who is glaring daggers at Damien. Damien just tilts his head, ears perking up as he watches Léandre.

"Come on, it's night time. We're done patrolling anyways." I say to Damien, who just gives me a short glance to nod at me and he goes back to staring at Léandre. Léandre's wings disappear, curling into his back and suddenly, it's gone. He smirks at me, satisfied to see my amused expression and I roll my eyes at him, excited that I would see Dave/Peitho again. "Let's bring the angel to the Guest Room and make himself comfortable. Don't want to disappoint him more than he is right now. We don't want him telling other angels that we, werewolves, are not accommodating." I tease Léandre, which earns me a sassy huff from him. Damien looks at him with wonder eyes.

Damien shifts into his human form and Léandre shrieks, covering his eyes as his eyes rake over Damien's body. I burst out laughing, holding my tummy as we continue to walk through the wilderness.

Leading them, Léandre seems quiet as we keep walking towards the direction of the Guest Room. The moon is shining brightly over the sky, gleaming down on us as we pass through the dim-lit wilderness. The breeze of the wind tingles my skin and I let out a breath. Léandre is in between me and Damien; Léandre behind me, and behind him is Damien. Damien is surprisingly quiet. I look over my shoulder to catch him staring intently at Léandre's ass. When he meets my eyes, he grins at me and wiggles his brows. I laugh. Léandre arches a brow at me. He looks over his shoulder and Damien puts an emotionless expression, staring straight ahead. Léandre scowls at him.

Once the Guest Room comes into a view, Damien escorts Léandre. The Guest Room is just a small room that can fit 10-15 persons. The walls are painted red, made of strong and finest wooden. There's a path that leads to the front door of the Guest Room, on either side of the path are bushes, growing flowers. The path is made of asphalt. The Guest Room has been here for a long time. It's probably 20-25 years old already; older than I am. The windows are slightly open, curtains fly elegantly as the wind enters inside the room through the open windows. We lead him there inside.

******************************

Author's Note: Here's the 7th chapter of the The Guardian and I hope you loved it! I'm introducing you to the new character; his name is Léandre Bonavi and he's sexy as hell!

 Gil Soares is Léandre Bonavi.

If you want to have a group chat with your co-readers, please add me on Kik!

Email: johnmichaelsenar@gmail.com
Twitter: JMSenar
Instagram: JMSenar
Kik: JMSenar