Chapter 16: Pinkie Promise

Chapter 16
Pinkie Promise

Due to Kieran's sexual innuendo comment, every time Dave looks at me with his beautiful and curious eyes, I can't help but think that it's impossible for me to get him home in one piece. Kieran's comment has been invading my head ever since Dave and I left the pack land, and that's like an hour ago yet the thought still doesn't fade away. Normally, I would just push the sexual thoughts away, but since Dave is involved, I can't help but to think more. I even got to the point that I was thinking, imagining that Dave was writhing beneath me, with my wolf taking over and taking him mercilessly.

Zane likes the image, and he keeps replaying the scene over and over again in our head. It makes me groan, knowing that sooner or later, while we stroll, Zane would replay the scene in my head, and there will be a huge tent in my pants and I can't afford Dave to see him. I can't let him think that I'm having a boner just because of him. Zane smirks, tongue lolling to the side, his face flashing the naughtiest expression I have ever seen in my whole life and I groan, which makes Dave to look at me. I just give him an awkward smile, flashing my teeth at him.

"Are you bored to stroll with me?" He suddenly says and halts to a stop, looking at me while his head is tilted to the side. My face contorts into a shock one, not expecting him to ask that question to me. I would never get bored of him, or tired of him, even though we're just strolling and not doing anything. I feel like this is a big step if I want to have a good relationship with me, and I do want to have a good relationship with me. We just need to build trust, a strong one, and a deep bond.

My head immediately shakes from left to right rapidly, making him see my point. He nods, pursing his lips and his eyes flash from the normal color to royal blue, an indication that Peitho is trying to take over, which is not good right now. Dave fights him for a couple of minutes before he looks at me with normal eyes. He groans. "Are you okay?"

He nods, but eventually shakes his head, his hair falling in between his eyes, as if he couldn't make out his mind, and he looks really adorable as he does so. "Actually, no. The wolf is trying to take over, screaming at me to not say anything bad at you. It's kind of funny to hear or see him acting funny. You must think I'm crazy."

Shaking my head as if I'm a kid not wanting to go home, I hold out his hand, which makes him look at me with an arched brow. I immediately let go before he becomes awkward towards me. I'm taking a huge step, so I must not take another one. "No, I don't think you're crazy." My heart flutters, realizing what he had just said to me. Peitho is scolding Dave to not say anything bad at me.

"Go tell him, Perry. Our mate, Dave, deserves to know the truth about us werewolves. This will make him understand our nature, and this way, he will understand how beautiful having a mate is." Zane whispers in my head, as if he's afraid that Dave and Peitho would hear what he's saying to me. We haven't bonded and mated yet, so it's impossible for them to hear what Zane is saying. Though that sounds amazing, I'll give Dave a lot of time. Zane groans at my choice, not siding with me with my own choice. Because let's face it, it's too much to handle for a mere human, though Dave is not human anymore. Well, he just happens to be a human with a wolf. He's a werewolf now, considering his Peitho is now his wolf. "Come on, Perry. Dave deserves to know every detail, and I can't wait to have him and Peitho in our arms. What about the 99 days deal? Shouldn't you be thinking of that? Time is running, and the 99 days are running out, and it's, like, what? 97 days left? Sometimes you are dumb, sometimes you are not, but right now I swear you're being dumb." This is the time that I just want to block him out, push him at the back of my head so I wouldn't hear his complaints, but I don't actually like doing that to my wolf. As much as it's tempting that sounds, I'm not going to do it. I have matured, my father has said to me, so I'm going to prove myself and to Zane that I have matured.