Chapter 34: My Buddy's Mate

Chapter 34
My Buddy's Mate

Marcus has spilled everything to me.

Fortunately, he has found his mate and he's really happy that he's already found his soulmate. The only issue is, his mate is human, and it's a guy. The guy's name is Nigel Quintin Ulysses; a basketball player from Northern High School, a school that just a few miles away from the school of the pack house.

He told me that he was just roaming around the place, about to meet an Alpha with the Heavenly Pack. Marcus was supposed to talk to them, about joining an alliance with us. But he caught a sniff of a scent as he roamed around the area. Marcus described it to me as intoxicating melon scent, and a mixed of deep perfume of a man's, as well as its natural scent mixed together. It made his skin tingle and his wolf howled in anticipation. He said he followed the scent, and it led him up to the Northern High School.

With his charm and all, he got inside the school without anyone questioning him. Marcus is just like that. He could make anyone believe that he really is a good guy and that nothing will happen. He has those charms that I wish to have sometimes just for my own sake or purpose.

When he got inside the school, he kept following the scent that made his wolf and him crazy. It's like dealing with paranoia and the only way to fix that was to see your mate. He believed that it was a girl because of the melon scent. The scent led him to the basketball court where they were playing and his eyes specifically trained to the man.

Marcus described to me how his mate looks like. He even showed me a picture of him, taken from afar, near the benches. As he talked about his mate, he kept having this dreamy expression, like he was in Heaven, talking to God or whoever.

Nigel has a dark brown hair, dyed on the bangs, but black underneath as well from the back. He has a set of beautiful brown eyes, just like a dark coffee. He has a pointed nose and a full, pinkish lips, and it compliments his already beautiful face even more. He's a bit thin, but despite having that figure, I can tell that he's a drool-worthy for girls and guys.

There's another problem.

Nigel has a girlfriend, and no, it's not the stereotypical thing. Nigel has a girlfriend, who is a nerd, an A+ student. Marcus sounded bitter when he told me about that, and a part of him was ashamed at how bitter he was. He even told me that the girl was nice, or so she seemed so. Marcus described to me how Nigel looked at his girlfriend with love and gratefulness, and he felt sad. He described to me the feeling; it's like his heart was being ripped out of his chest, and being stomped on a million times. It's worse than cutting your own skin on the wrist, and it's worse than dying itself. It's more painful than that. As he told me that, a tear slipped out of his eyes and I felt sympathy towards him. I know how it feels; the fear and all. I have dealt with it for a year, from the time I have found out that my mate was a male to the point that he got converted into a werewolf.

"It's just that, it pains me." Marcus tells me as he chugs a Shaman glass of beer named Amrita. I put a hand on his shoulder as he chugs the beer in one down. He places the glass on the table with a loud thud, pain swimming in his eyes. I hate to see my friends like this. Earlier I was the one sulking. Now it's time for Marcus to let his feelings out. It's funny to think that he was the one who told me to pull my life together. "The girl seemed really nice, and they really love each other. I saw it in their eyes. If I go there, rip my mate off the girl and take him away, I can feel that Nigel would hate me, and I don't want that to happen. You understand my fear, right?"

I nod at him, rubbing his back in a soothing manner. "I know. Cloud and I know." I state, giving him a small smile. "The fear will always be there, you know. You cannot control it. But having a fear doesn't mean that you should stop. I know that your mate has a girlfriend right now, and he feels love just by being with her, but you know what? The Good Goddess will not choose a mate for you just to crush your heart. That's what I've learned. Cloud told me to wait, and in no time, I would have Dave in my arms, and that's what happened when I waited. You should do that, too. This time may not be the right time for you to have him, but in the future, I know you guys will."