Chapter 9: The Angel's Revelation

Chapter 9
The Angel's Revelation

Cloud, Kieran and I are in the same room together with Léandre lounging on the sofa, legs sprawled out as he stares at us lazily. Despite the presence, which is so strong, of the Great Alpha, Léandre doesn't seem so afraid of the werewolves. He's so good at hiding it. It looks like he has had a great sleep, considering he made his way to the living room with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"So what were you doing in our boundaries?" Cloud asks him, using his Alpha tone and I see Léandre flinch. He smiles awkwardly at us but doesn't respond. For an angel, who are supposed to be so bright and all, Léandre is dumb. "Answer. Now."

Léandre huffs, crossing his arms across his chest, which is, I guess, his favorite thing to do. "Earthlings, they think they own Earth!"

"He meant humans," I say to Cloud and Kieran, who have confusion drawn on their faces. Kieran purses his lips, preventing from speaking and his eyes glinting, his body shaking as he tries not to laugh. Cloud raises a brow at me then looks at his mate. "But we're not humans, Léandre. We're werewolves. We protect our place and we are very territorial, so please understand. For an angel, you're mean."

"Yes, I am an angel but that doesn't mean I should be pure, like, holy pure!" Léandre protests, rolling his eyes at me. Zane, my wolf, snickers at me. What Léandre said is true; he's an angel but that doesn't mean he should be always good. Stupid myths. "Everybody assumes that we angels should be very good. I can be a whore, you know." He mutters childishly.

Kieran bursts out laughing, holding his tummy as he turns around, trying to catch his breath. Cloud's lips twitch into a smile but it fades out as soon as Léandre scowls at him. His aura says that he's good and doesn't mean harm.

Damien enters the room, wearing a black and red checkered polo, matched with jeans. His eyes are set on Léandre as he enters the room. His hair is gelled up, walking with confidence towards our directions. I'm pretty sure that Léandre is Damien's mate. The pull is not that really strong when it comes to this pair, but soon, they would be dying to be with each other. Damien looks at Léandre like he's the most beautiful man he has ever seen in his life. No wonder he beautified himself to look good for Léandre.

"I was just searching for demons," Léandre says, looking down on his fumbled fingers. He has become tensed, his shoulders sagged down as he seems to drown into his thoughts. Kieran's head snaps into his direction, eyes wide as if he can't believe what Léandre said. Demons. He was searching for demons. Now, if angels exist, then demons as well, right? "The dead is rising from the Spirit Realm. Demons are waking. If you have been in the Spirit Realm, you would know what I'm talking about."

"I've been there," Kieran says, taking a seat beside Léandre, who is looking at him with arched brow. The tension in the room is so thick and as it lasts longer, I feel myself being suffocated. Demons are waking. The dead is rising. What does it mean? "The Spirit Realm... it looks..."

"The Spirit Realm looks hell," Léandre finishes the thought for him. He stands up, his hands clasping behind his back as he looks outside through the open window. He sighs, shaking his head. He walks over to the window and stares at a distance. "The Shamans are having issues with going to the Spirit Realm. It seems like it has been blocked. They are fighting the evil spirits as well as some demons, and we're fighting side by side with them. They are lurking. They must be stopped. But we don't know how. It's surprising that creatures have never heard of us."

Cloud considers what Léandre said. Kieran's hands clenches, so hard that it turns white. He has this hard expression plastered on his face, like he's ready to kill someone. Cloud walks over him, rubbing his back and Kieran leans down, resting his head on his mate's shoulder. A look of jealousy crosses in my face but I push it away. This is not the time to be jealous of their relationship. We have serious matters to take care of.