Chapter 18: The Great Alpha's Good News

Chapter 18
The Great Alpha's Good News

It's been a day since Dave has told me that he wanted to know how to deal with his wolf Peitho. I'm not sure whether he said it in a nice way, or if he's just being sarcastic and all. I can't tell. Now here I am in my bedroom, head hanging on the edge of the bed as my body is sprawled out. My eyes are focused on the bathroom door, but my head is swirling with a million thoughts that would exhaust me sooner or later if I don't stop.

Someone knocks on the door and I tell the person to come in. When the doorknob jabs, twisting, the door opens wide, revealing my best friend and the Great Alpha Cloud. He's wearing his commando outfit — a camouflage shirt, a black pants, and a boots that put a tight leash around the cuffs of the pants — that he has obsessed about two or three years ago, and I'm surprised that it still fits him, considering that Cloud has been working out, never stopping. He has gained a lot of muscles from working out.

"Perry," he hollers my name, and I cringe at the cheery tone. He gives me a grin as he strolls across the room with a big smile etched on his lips. I'm guessing that he will be telling me a good news for the both of him and his mate Kieran. I'm envious. Cloud sits next to me and I roll across the bed, resting my elbows on the bed, sheets tangled, as I rest my chin underneath my palms. My best friend is emanating a happy aura, and I can't help but to feel jealous. It looks like he's going to tell me the biggest news ever in his whole life, and I'll be left alone. I swear if this news he's going to tell me is shocking, I'm going to be stuck with Marcus. "Guess what?"

"What?" I grumble, preparing for the news. Cloud has become giddy, jumping up and down on the bed, making me bounce and I groan at his childish behavior. Cloud basically screams like a little girl who has given her favorite ice cream while seeing her very first crush for the first time.

Cloud jumps down on the bed, making me fall on the ground and I shoot him a deathly glare but he just brushes it off, sighing dreamily as he rests his head on my pillow. I definitely need to change the covers of my pillow. "Kieran... Kieran has agreed to marry me. Like, real wedding. Can't you believe it, buddy? I'm going to get married!"

I am silent for awhile as I stare at him, wide eyes. Kieran and Cloud are mated, and they love each other, and the mating is bound to happen. But Cloud marrying Kieran, or Kieran marrying Cloud, I don't know what to think. It's not a big deal for me, really. It's just that I can't picture my best friend and Great Alpha Cloud standing in the altar, waiting for Kieran to come and kiss him on the lips with intense passion and love.

He seems to get my reaction because Cloud immediately puts a hand on my shoulder, and I look down in shame. Why can't I be happy for my friend? I smile, but it's more of a force than willingness, but I still do it. I need to be supportive of my friend, right? I hang my head low in shame, and avoid to look at Cloud's sad and pitiful eyes.

"Perry..." says Cloud to me, leaning down and smiling sadly up at me. When will my life start? It feels like Dave, or Peitho, is slipping away from my fingers, and I feel like I'll be alone someday. Since Peitho and Dave share the same body and thoughts, it's possible that if Dave doesn't to keep Peitho... then Peitho might tell him the Forbidden Law, which I don't want them to break. My heart clenches, and I scream internally. The hurt in my chest is overwhelming, and I can't breath suddenly. "Hey, don't be sad. It's not like you're going to be left out. Dave, he is meant to be with you. Just wait."

"You're saying that because you have already found someone that loves you the same, as much as you do!" I snap and freeze. The tone of my voice has raised. I know that he's still my Alpha, but I can't help but be jealous of what he has. Fortunately, Cloud just rubs my back soothingly, being a great friend he is. "I'm sorry. It's just, everything makes me tired. I just want to have you what I want, or what you have. It's... it's making me crazy. Everything is making me crazy. People keep saying to me that I should wait, when I have already waited for so Goddamn long."

"I have waited as well, and I can say that it really sucks, but look where it got me," says Cloud, who is happily smiling at him. He has a point. Waiting did some good on him, but waiting does not work for everyone. Waiting is something in between good and bad. Sometimes, too much waiting can lead to bad times, and sometimes it leads to good. I don't know where I am.

Sighing, I roll over again and hang my head on the edge, staring at the bathroom door once again. It's so typical of Cloud coming into my house without permission, since he's the Great Alpha and all, he can really do whatever he wants. But he's a responsible Alpha. Just like his father. "I just wish everything works out for me as soon as possible."

"It will, buddy. It will."

Sweat running down across my chiseled body, while training with the few warriors, that's when Dave starts to show up. Dave is just wearing a white shirts, and a cream-colored shorts. He's barefooted. He takes a seat on the ground as he watches me and warrior George fight. There's a sudden confidence that boosts me to do good. I want to impress him and show him my skills, and I hope the message that I have the capability to protect him comes into his mind. As George lunges at me carelessly, I take that as a chance to duck and lift him up, throwing him on his back and he groans.

"Rule number one, you just don't attack your enemy without thinking," I wheeze out, trying to calm my breathing. A smirk crosses across my lips as I see Dave's amazed expression towards me. George, with his light brown hair and a bit shorter than me, nods. I jerk my chin, telling everyone that we should take a break and they all clamber out. I grab a towel that is neatly folded on the top of the table near the garden that is being watered by the three Luna, and dry myself with the towel. I take a seat near beside Dave and he watches me in amazement as I rb my biceps with the towel. I want to scream in happiness. He's ogling me in public. His eyes never leave my defined body, and I see something flash in his eyes. "So how are you doing today?"

That's my lame attempt to start a good and long conversation. Good work, Perry. My wolf says to me. I roll my eyes at his sassy comment.

He breaks his gaze off me, and I nearly place my hand underneath his chin to make him look at me but it loops, deciding to reach my shoulder and massaging. I smile awkwardly. "I'm fine. At least so far. Peito... keeps talking to me. We're in the process of getting to know each other."

My smile widens. "That's good to hear," I chirp, smiling brightly at him. He seems shy, and a blush appears on his cheeks, making him look adorable. Looking at Dave, I think back of what my best friend has said to me. Cloud is damn right. I know that I shouldn't give up on Dave. Why should I give up, when we are meant to be? "Would you like to have an ice cream?" Would you like to have me? Zane purrs, and I push him at the back of my head, which he finds not so good.

His smile lightens up brighter. There's a tug in my heart as I see his smiling face, and it makes my heart swell to find him so happy here with me. Though it takes a lot of muscles to prevent myself from hugging him, I whip my head to the left, not looking at him and shutting my eyes, trying to calm my beating erratically heart. We're going to spend some time with Dave and Peitho! Zane chortles excitedly, grinning. Once I'm ready, I look at him again with nerving smile. "Yeah, sure! That would be great. I love ice creams!"

"Yeah, I love you, too."

"What?"

"Nothing," I internally smack myself. Dave's eyes are trained at me, brows furrowed and he eventually shrugs. "Let's just go get an ice cream. I want the chocolate one." I stick my tongue out at him, which earns a chuckle from him.