Chapter 37: Better Place

Chapter 37
Better Place

"How are you?" My mate asks me with a worried voice upon seeing my state. Of course, he would be worried. I look like a sack of potato that has been thrown anywhere for a million times. I give him a smile, letting him know that I'll be fine, but being my stubborn mate, he just glares at me, crossing his arms across his chest, waiting for me to answer. "Perry." His tone changes, becoming deep and dark, indicating that he's very serious.

I look like a kid that is being punished by his parents because he did something wrong. I whimper, looking away. I just missed him so goddamn much that it physically hurt – hurts – me. I wrap my arms around him, burying my face in the crook of his neck as I inhale his intoxicating and addicting scent. "I just can't... I just missed you too much. I feel like I can't breathe."

Dave sighs, rubbing his hands across my back soothingly and I sigh in contentment. "Perry, I missed you, too. More than you could ever know. But you had to take care of yourself. It's not like I'd be gone forever. I promised that I'd come back, didn't I?"

Nodding, I wrap my arms around him tightly and shutting my eyes. For a moment I just want to stay this way; with him wrapped safely around my arms, his chest against mine, and the casual blow of his breath against my neck, it feels heaven.

"Perry, we have to go back there," Dave says to me and I let out a frustrated groan.

For Good Goddess's sake, let me have my mate for a while. My mate just got back from his task and he has been gone around me for a very long time, so they have to understand that I need my mate around me just for a few hours. If they have a golden heart, then they'd let me have my mate until further notice, until I can let him go. That's childish of me, but I don't care. "Noooooo." I whine, tightening my arms around him, not letting him go.

Dave looks up at me with his brown eyes, rolling his eyes at me and I pout. "Fine."

I smile happily, reaching my ears.

Dave tells me about his and Peitho's adventures when he has been transported back to the Spirit Realm. He said that world was so creepy; with the sky being bloody red, and the place was sinister. According to him, 'it felt like there was no life there at all'. There were howls of the wolves, and he had even seen a headless figure walking towards his direction and he said both he and Sophie, his spirit companion, ran like hell.

He says Peitho wanted to get out, to tear the limbs of the headless figure apart, but he didn't let him because Dave wanted to save Peitho's energy on something, which wasn't used at all. They walked until they were greeted by two men kissing, and when Dave tells me that, he stutters and I let out a chuckle. Clearly he's not used to two men sharing a passionate action. I wasn't used to as well, but I have overcome that chapter of my life when Dave had been around me. I kiss his temple, urging him to tell me more. So he does. They met up with Dylan, Albert, and Brent, who are the Zodiac people.

Dylan is the current leader of the Zodiac City, and he's not really in a good condition right now as his boyfriend is in a comatose state. Dave says that Dylan needed a little push, so he told him that if they found the portal as soon as possible, someone in our world would tend Shawn, Dylan's boyfriend.

Dave thinks that Beige, one of the best healers of the pack, can heal Dylan. And I never doubt that.

Once he's done telling me the story, we both fall into silence, not the awkward but the comfortable one. This is the moment you just want to savor what you have and never regret anything and boy never will I regret that Dave has come along into my life.

Scooting backwards, resting my back on the headboard of the bed, Dave turns around, forcing me to unwrap my arms around that makes me frown, and perches his back against my chest and I wrap my arms around him again. He sighs, his chest heaving up and down calmly and evenly.

I grab his hand, linking my fingers with his and he watches it with loving eyes. I lean down, planting a soft kiss on his neck that makes him moan in delight.

"You know," I start whispering in his ear, my voice filled with love and sincerity, "since you came along, my world has become a better place. When I'm with you, it feels like I'm opening my eyes for the first time and I can't help but think that this world doesn't have any cons at all. You keep making me a better person, Dave. I thank you for that, and I just hope and wish that you'll be here by my side always; for forever. When you became mine, I wanted to tell the world how lucky I am to have you. You know what, you make me sing in the bathroom when I shower, and believe me, I never do that in my life. But I just can't help it when I think of you."

He chuckles, listening intently, his neck and ear turning red.

"It feels so right. And now, I'm putting my heart in your hands, please take care of it. I'm devoted to you, Dave. I'm in love with you, and it's so deep that it sometimes scares and excites me at the same time. Everything is so right when you hold me, when you touch me, and I see every colors as vibrant, even the black one." Dave throws his head back, resting it on my shoulder as he runs his hands across my forearms. His action relaxes me, and Dave repeats it. "I know that I haven't properly asked you yet, and it's a dick move really, but Dave, will you be my boyfriend?"

Dave becomes silent, and it's becoming unbearable as the clock ticks by. My palms are getting clammy as I wait for his answer, then he breaks into a smile. "Do you really have to ask about that?" I sigh in relief, kissing his neck and he groans in pleasure. "Although not having you as a boyfriend as a title can't take the fact away that you are mine and you will be mine forever. Even the world disappears, I'll be here with you. If I could find a planet, I'd name it on you just to prove my love for you. You're mine, Perry. Mine and only mine. I wouldn't trade anything for you. That's how much I love you. It's beyond words actually. I didn't think that I have this capability to love that is beyond words."

"Me, too," I say truthfully, planting a kiss on his temple. "I love the sound of that; that I'm yours and will be forever." He turns his head around and I lean down, capturing his lips with mine and our lips lock, tangled, dancing, molding into one.

Dave shuts his eyes while mine remain open. I watch him as we kiss, and I smile against our kiss. I tease his bottom lip with the tip of my tongue, asking for entrance and he gives it to me, opening his mouth and I slip my tongue inside, tasting every corner, inch, and part of his mouth. Our tongues clash, fighting for dominance and it seems like Dave's willing to dominate me, so I bite his lower lip and he groans out loud, in pleasure.

He locks his hand in my hair, tugging and gripping it, making me groan. I tilt my head to the side as I rest my palm at the back of his neck, pushing him closer to me, and I want him to be closer to me than he already is right now, which looks very impossible.

As the butterflies wildly in my stomach and as the heat of our bodies grow, I crave for him more and more, and no one can't help me but him. It will always be Dave who needs to help me from drowning in everything. The air in our lungs slowly runs out as we kiss passionately, full of love.

I pull away, breathless from the kiss. I pant hard, as well as him, as we watch each other with half-lidded eyes. "Has someone told you you're a very good kisser?" Dave asks me in daze.

"And has someone told you that you make me crazy with just your lips?"

Dave chuckles, resting his forehead against mine, his breath fanning my face.

"Good God, I love you always and forever."

"Did you just quote a song?"

"There's no Good God in I Love You Always And Forever,"

"Touché," I say, pecking him on the lips. "Well, I love you always and forever, too."