Chapter 8: The Kiss

Chapter 8
The Kiss

"Okay, where should I sleep?" Léandre asks as he yawns, stretching his body as he cranes his neck to the left and right. His hair is now tousled, stilled gelled up but messy. Damien takes a step forward and Léandre eyes him suspiciously, as if Damien is about to do something bad on him. Damien just chuckles.

I sigh, looking over my shoulder to see the moon glinting brightly across the sky, indicating that the night is deep. "Damien, please lead Léandre to his room. Accommodate him. Let's call it a night. Léandre, I hope angels do not lie and break vows because I'm going to need you to stay here until tomorrow. We still need to questions you but since everyone's tired, let's just do it tomorrow."

Léandre huffs, crossing lean arms across his hard chest and looking away with sass. Damien's eyes are full of mischief as well as the smile that is tugged on his lips. I shake my head in amusement and turn on my heels, deciding to leave them alone. If Damien's mate is Léandre, then Damien will take good care of him. I don't know much about Damien, but he's really a great warrior in our pack. At a young age, he has achieved a lot of things. Considering he's only 22 years old, older than me, he has achieved the title of a Great Warrior when he was 18 years old. Damien keeps proving his worth to us everyday. Damien has a lot of tattoos on his arms and chest, which stands out good on him and I believe every tattoo has a special meaning for him. We don't question him much about his tattoos.

Walking through the trimmed grass, the chilly air wraps around me, making me shiver as the wind blows, the rustling of the trees can be heard in the distance, making a melancholy music for me. I head inside the house, where Dave/Peitho is staying for awhile. When I reach his room, Dave or Peitho is sleeping peacefully on his bed, hands and legs sprawled out and the duvet is slightly placed on top of his leg, but most of it is placed on the ground. His lips are slightly parted, chest heaving up and down softly. His hair is disheveled from rolling around the bed, I guess. Nonetheless, he still looks cute and adorable, even when he sleeps.

The room is just small, with few things inside. There are two windows with closed curtains near the bed. A small basket is placed at the far end of the car, beside it a door that leads to the small bathroom. There is a small four-stories drawer beside the bed; drawers for clothes. The walls are painted brown, polished. The place is eerily quiet, though the sound of Dave's/Peitho's soft breathing can be heard. I walk over his bed, sitting down. I sink down on the bed and watch him sleep peacefully.

Running my fingers across his hair as he sleeps, it surprises me how soft his hair is. My heart clenches, knowing that Dave is still there, unconscious and still recovering from what happened. If I had just been faster, I could have prevented this. Dave would have been safe. There were times that I had thought that Dave was no good for me, that I didn't deserve Dave, but fuck it, Dave's my mate and I was going to be selfish. My palm travels to his cheek, thumb rubbing all over it and I smile as he groans in his sleep, pouting. Leaning down, I slowly and softly place my lips on his and butterflies flutter wildly in my stomach, electricity coursing through me, as if I'm being struck with lightning again and again as the kiss lasts longer than intended.

His eyes flutter open for a moment and I pull away, watching as his eyes come to life and stare at me. Peitho breathes out, pushing himself up with his elbow to support him. He looks at me curiously, tilting his head and I give him a sad smile.

"Did I wake you up?" I ask in almost a whisper, but he hears it. He shakes his head in an adorable way. For a moment, I thought that he would be offended just because I kissed him. After all, he said that he had a girl mate and I'm a guy; a man just like him. "You should rest. I'll leave."

As I'm about to stand up, his hand shots to my arm and I look at him, arching a brow. Peitho shakes his head and I sit down again, confusion drawn all over my face. "Please, do not leave. Dave. He is going to be awake, I can feel him. He is... he is murmuring."