Chapter 11: The Second D - Deal

Chapter 11
The Second D - Deal

Since I showed the place to Peitho, his smile never falters as he gazes up at me. I run my fingers across my hair; an action that is becoming a habit of me. He grins, sitting down on one of the rocks as I take a seat beside him. His cheeks flush as I sit beside him. I want to sit as close as possible beside him. This time, I'm not going to be afraid anymore. I will do my best to win Dave's and Peitho's heart, no matter what happens. I believe they are my mate, and it will never change.

Yes, I accept that Peitho had a past, he had a mate, but that doesn't mean he can't fall in love again and have a mate of his own who will cherish and love him eternally, and that's me. Zane agrees with me, nodding his head furiously as Peitho/Dave becomes the focus of his eyes.

"It's beautiful here, really." Peitho says in awe as he gazes across the clear water, the fishes keep swimming and jumping. I take his hand much to his protest. His eyes gaze up on me and my breath hitches at how beautiful his eyes are. His eyes never fail to take my breath away. "Thank you for bringing me here, Perry. It means a lot to me."

"You're welcome, dear." Though the nickname just slips off my mouth, his ears and cheeks heat up and he squeaks lowly. I chuckle, shaking my head at his adorableness. Reaching for the basket with foods that I have prepared, I place the basket on one of the big rocks in front of us and open the lid. Peitho peers into the basket, checking what foods I have brought. "Come on, you can get what you want. There are sandwiches and fruits there. It's not much, but I hope you like what I've prepared."

"This is enough," Peitho says as he reaches for a cheese-spread sandwich. I have thought that perhaps he might like the cheese-spread sandwich since I saw Dave munching a lot of cheese-spread sandwich before. It was made by his mother. I was silently and carefully watching him while he ate. It was a few weeks ago, before his mother died. Peitho takes a bite of the sandwich and moans as he chews. "This is yummy. Perhaps it's really delicious. Perhaps it's because I had been stuck in the Spirit Realm for too long that I didn't have a chance to eat a lot of delicious foods." I know he means it as a joke, but there's something off about his voice that makes me look at him with sadness. Being stuck in the Spirit Realm for too long is a sad thing. My heart clenches.

According to what I have read, those creatures who are stuck in the Spirit Realm are the ones that had not lived their lives accordingly. Mostly Rogues and other creatures are stuck there. Spirit Realm is far from Hell. It's like a purgatory. But the angel basically said that the Spirit Realm has been corrupted.

The Spirit Realm is supposed to give creatures a second chance. I have never really seen the Spirit Realm, but perhaps I would someday. Perhaps if my mate (Dave or Peitho or both) rejects me, I'd be stuck in the Spirit Realm and I would have to deal with the creepiness and darkness of the Spirit Realm. I don't like that.

"I'm sorry," I say to him with utmost sincerity, sadness evident in my voice. Peitho stops eating his sandwich and turns to face me with a frown on his face. "I'm sorry that you had to go through when you didn't deserve it. I'm sorry that you were stuck in the dirty and covered-in-darkness Spirit Realm. You didn't deserve all of that."

Peitho is quiet for a while, as if my words are currently stuck in his head, trying to decipher it. A smile tugs on the edge of his lips. He shakes his head and takes a look at his hands as he holds the sandwich. "Thank you." He whispers to me as tears well up in his eyes. I brush it away with my thumbs as I cup his face. "Thank you, Perry. That's actually nice. You're nice. I wish you had been my mate before. I'm pretty sure you would have taken care of me with all your might."

"I am your mate, Peitho." I say stubbornly at him, my tone almost pleading for him to believe me. Peitho is my mate no matter what. Dave is my mate no matter what. Why can't he understand that? I know that he had been rejected before that led his human conscious to break the Forbidden Law but why can't he give himself a chance to feel love and be loved? "Okay, let's make a deal here, Peitho."