Chapter 23

Chapter 23-
Ella's POV-
Farkle was kind enough to carry me back to the lodge after I said my legs were hurting. He was cradling me like a little baby in his arms rocking me back and forth. Then when I least except it he kisses me on my sweaty little forehead. "Farkly what if I'm sick?" I ask hoarsely in wonder as he just hugs me tighter still carrying me with a smile. "Then if Farkly's El baby is all sicky then Farkly will look after her until she's all better." He says in an adorable way while referring to himself in third person as I lay my head on him hoping he doesn't mind. Then I sneeze loudly, "We're here baby Farkle's gonna look after you now." My arm was around Farkle's back as he carried me into the ski lodge while I coughed uncontrollably, which of course caused Farkle to rub my back, Topanga was sitting at the bay window reading her book but when she realises we're back she stands up walking towards us. "You're back early, what's wrong?" She asks as Farkle puts his hand to my forehead, "Cory is out teaching Riley and Maya to ski I decided not to go because I don't want to be involved you know how clumsy Cory is!" Farkle and I both chuckled at how sweet Cory and Topanga were but then it wasn't long before Farkle turned back into his serious self. "I don't think Ella's well." He says looking over me in the most loving way, "she can't stop coughing,sneezing and her body aches." Topanga looked over at me from Farkle's arms nodding in agreement with every word he was saying. "Take her to your room, look after her." She says leading Farkle upstairs, "I'm calling for a doctor." Farkle nods still carrying me in his arms in the most adorable way. Once Farkle helped get into my Jammies and got me into the bed I held his hand tightly. "Farkle? Will I be okay?" I ask as he rubs his fingers along my hands resting his head on my shoulder. "I'm scared." He nods putting an arm around my waist before kissing my cheek. "Yes Ella. You'll be just fine." He says reassuring me, "you've got me with you." That made me smile very wide knowing that Farkle would stay with me because he made me feel better. It wasn't long before the doctor came through the door with Topanga but it was okay because Farkle held my hand the entire time which made me less scared. The doctor took my temperature which wasn't so bad but the beeping gave a headache although it was no way near as bad as the throat swob that was definitely the WORST I HATED it mostly because of how painful it was for me. It wasn't long before the doctor came to his conclusion which caused Farkle to listen up good taking his attention away from me. "The flu, she has a terrible case of the flu. This high dosage of medicine should help, keep her in the warm with lots of rest and if your lucky she'll be headed by Christmas although I can't say so don't hold me to that. " he says scaring me a little, Topanga notices this factor and sweetly takes my hand squeezing it. "You young man need to go to the local town and collect her medicine they close in two hours so you better be ready!" Farkle takes the paper from him and quickly puts his outdoor clothes back on before putting the paper in his wallet then his wallet in his pocket. "Thank you for coming doctor I'll show you out." Topanga says leading the doctor out while Farkle leans over the bed looking at me clutching my cheeks. That made me feel very special indeed. "El baby I won't be long I'm just getting your medicine and some bits and bobs to make you feel better, I promise you I'll be right back to take care of my poorly princess." He says which has me believing every word then he picks up my Stephen King book from the bedside table and places it in my lap, "How about you read some more of Gerald's game while I'm gone?" I take his advice picking up the book removing her piggy marker just as I hear Lucas and Farkle talking. Uh oh I don't like the sound of that...