Chapter 36-

Chapter 36-
Farkle's POV-
"Miss Somerset,  she had appendicitis and the appendix burst inside her tummy which put pressure on her heart causing it to stop during surgery and due to how much pain she was In her breathing became increasingly shallow which caused compilations during surgery." The doctor explained whilst I held on tight to Ella's hand. "Her surgery wasn't straight forward she's in a rather bad way. Recovery will be long the heart and lungs need recovery too so until we can be exactly sure of the damage Miss Somerset will remain either in bed rest ; this is the preferred option or in this wheelchair. And she must be on oxygen at all times. I shall see you tomorrow when I come to do my rounds, have a good evening." I wrapped my arms around my El baby, keeping her safe. She coughed, I rubbed her back lovingly helping relieve the pressure that's when I decided I wasn't leaving her side until she recovers. "Farkle? Shall we give Ella her presents now?" Ella's Dad asks looking me in wonder. I nodded standing up reaching for Ella's presents. Ella grabbed my arm and pulled it wanting me to sit by her side again, so I put her presents on the wheelie table next to my laptop and wheeled it over to where it was in front of her then I sat beside her again as I tied the ballon to her wrist, she loved that. "I love my balloon Farkle. Thank you." She said kissing me as josh looked at us disgusted. Her dad put the presents from him,her mom & Josh on the table too. "Lets open up your presents from your family then we'll do mine Els." I say helping her sit up and prop her with pillows, mostly hers from home. "Want me to help you?" She nods as I help her get into the bag revealing a really soft pale lilac blanket, large enough to fit over two people she'd be warm in that, no doubt about it. There was still more inside: a new pair of thumper pyjamas, matching nightgown and cute bunny rabbit slippers. "I love them, thanks mom & dad! You too Josh." Said Ella rubbing the blanket on her cheek smiling ear from ear. KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! Ella's aunt Melissa came through the door, her usually happy self. "Hi baby. Poor thing I spoke with the doctor on the phone, it's okay auntie Melissa's here now." She said coming straight over to Ella kissing her cheek. Then putting another two gift bags on the table. Ella's parents scowled at her entrance but that didn't seem to bother Ella too much. "Go ahead Ella, open Farkle's presents first. I'm here all night so mine can wait." With that Ella's parents stood up carrying Josh. They both gave her a hug and a kiss before heading for the door. "We thought we'd give you the night alone with Melissa and Farkle. Plus Josh needs us." Her mom said holding the door open for Ella's dad who had Josh asleep in his arms. "Night Ella, sleep well." With that they were gone. "Right El baby what do want first, food or presents?" I ask giving her the option. She thinks for a moment before saying anything. "Farkle can I get changed first before I eat then open my presents?" She asked nervously awaiting my response, "it's just I'll be more comfortable." I nodded, that was a good idea. Wanting to help as much as I could I stood up got the wheelchair and took it to the bedside. Then her aunt helped me lift her into it. Lastly we put her clothes on her lap as Melissa wheeled her into the bathroom. "You know El this reminds me of when you were little and I'd push you in your pushchair around the park." I overheard Melissa recalling memories. It wasn't long before they were back and Ella looked beautiful, she lifted her arms up in my direction implying she wanted me to lift her back into the bed which I did before giving her the subway I brought her earlier. She smiled the largest I've seen all day. "Thanks Farkly!" She excitedly thanked me, "I'm really hungry." I chuckled opening it handing it to her then tucking into my own. "You need to eat your strength up Ella. You're really sick." Her aunt reminded her. "Eat up!" Ella's aunt loves her so much and I'm so grateful for that since her parents always seem to be preoccupied with her little brother Josh. Not so surprisingly Ella are her sandwich and cookie quickly, I shortly finished after her since I was hungry too {I too hadn't eaten since we arrived here}, "Ella wanna open more presents now?" I asked looking down on her as her head was resting on my shoulder. "Please Farkle I'm excited to see what you've brought me." She says happily although her face fell, "Farkle I'm so sorry I ruined our anniversary." She looked so emotionally unstable. That's it, I grabbed her cheeks and kissed her. "Beauty you didn't. Honestly I'm fine I'd rather have you be okay." I said meaning every word. "I love you endlessly. It's okay,I'm going to be with you all the time until you recover." After I said this I got her presents and put them on her lap so she has easiest access to them. First of all she went for the build a bear box and opening it with a large smile when she saw a large brown bunny! She hugged it tightly as she heard the little voice message I recorded for her, that made her giggle as she hugged me. "Thanks Farkle I love it as much as I love my balloon." She says as I lean down and kiss her head, then she moved on to the cute basket of candies because what girl wouldn't want candy whilst she's poorly.  Her smile was so wide and happy I couldn't resist taking a photograph or two on my phone. That's when she kissed me passionately for the first time since surgery, "I'm so lucky to have you." She yawned a little after all the action today I'm not surprised she's tired. "Els do you want to open my gifts then lay and watch a movie with Farkle?" Auntie Melissa suggested with a smile which makes Ella nod as Melissa handed her the large bag. "Enjoy darling." Ella puts her hands in the bag and takes out a large box, in that was an MacBook Pro! I was so happy for Ella! There was another box in the bag. Then Ella pulled out an iPad, she looked so happy,it makes me glad her auntie uses her money on Ella and not just herself. "Ella you can play games and things whilst you're in recovery. It'll take your mind off things." Melissa said smiling, "both are already set up." Ella smiled, man her smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. "Farkle I'm sleepy,can we just watch a movie?" She asks before a large yawn escaped her sweet little mouth. "Of course El baby. Which one?" I reply getting up and putting my laptop on the table in front of us showing Ella the selection of Disney DVDs we had with us. "Farkle, can we watch finding Dory?" She asked me pointing to it as I took it from the pile inserting it into my laptop. "Anything you want until you're recovered, princess." I kissed her head as the movie begun to play which made her smile. The character Ella liked the most was baby dory because she thought she was adorable, meanwhile I liked charlie; dory's father because I aspire to be like him when Ella and I have children. By the end of the movie Ella was exhausted so I took my Stephen King; thinner book from my bag and begun reading it. "Farkle? What you reading?" I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was Ella. "Will you read it to me?" I looked at her with a smile. "It's really nerdy baby you won't enjoy it." I say showing her the cover but she looked at me like she really wanted me to read it to her. "It's Stephen King are you sure you want me to read it to you?" She nodded, she I cuddled up beside her and began to read....

A/N
A long update I hope you enjoy apologies for the wait I've been busy with school. PS thanks for 12K reads you guys rock!