Chapter 2 The God of Mischeif

I opened the door and walked through into the room.  Lying on a couch leisurely and reading a book was a man, dressed in dark green with slicked back black hair and vivid green eyes. He glanced up at me and then slowly his eyes trailed to Thor and Jane.

"Who's she?"

"Are you Loki?" I asked and he didn't answer, he narrowed his eyes and then slowly nodded.

"Holy shit! You weren't joking! He's real!" I just about shouted and studied Loki.

"It's like watching my books come to life! Wow!" I said and I felt a need to poke him to prove him real.

"Thor... what's going on?" Loki asked his brother, never taking his eyes off me.

"I'm Aria, I'm from Earth and you're Loki, god of Mischief and Lies. Though some stories state you're Thor's step uncle, not his brother-"

"I'm not his brother." Loki said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. You're the Frost Giants son, but you're Thor's brother. Not by blood, but by bonds." I say and suddenly I couldn't stop talking. "I've read so much about you. I read to Cara before she... she... and she loved helping me study Norse Gods and you in particular for tests and projects. This is so-"

"Someone shut her up please." Loki said looking at me like I had swatted a fly on his head and licked up the guts.

"My bad." I said and chilled a bit.

"Aria, this is Loki." Thor said, formally introducing us.

"Why is she here?" Loki asked, more like demanded.

"That is for us to know and-"

"Just out and say it already, my sister died so I've been a bit low. This is supposed to cheer me up." I rolled my eyes. Loki looked at me oddly and scoffed.

"So you've changed Asgard into a therapy for Misgardians. Lovely. Are we all going to sit around a campfire and sing next?"

"No need to be an ass about it." I grumbled under my breath.

"Excuse me? What did you say?" Loki asked and I cocked my head to the side.

"I said No need to be an ass about it!" I shouted louder. Jane gasped and Thor chuckled.

That's another thing I forgot to mention. I used to be a bit nicer, but since Cara died, I've been a bit blunt about things.

Loki chuckled and eyed me, "I'm not sure if that is bravery, or idiocy."

"That was me annoyed." I cocked my eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Oh was it now? I haven't even tried to be annoying yet."

"Wow, you're just that good at it." I said with mock shock.

"I will not be spoken to like that by a Misgardian-" He began to yell.

"Uh, hate to break it to you, but you just were. And let me just finish that sentence for you, 'I will not be spoken to like that by a Midgardian, I am a God!' Right?" I asked and by Loki's narrowed 'I'm about to kill you' eyes I'm sure to be right.

"You know, you aren't even much of a letdown. I always imagined you to be a bit of an ass. I underestimated obviously, but still." I finished it off.

"Alrighty then!" Jane cut in awkwardly and pulled me back.

"I like her." Loki chuckled and resumed reading his book.

"Because that is what I strive for." I said with a sarcastic tone.