Chapter 25- Sleepless Nights

One week, twelve hours and thirteen minutes.

I haven't slept in so long, the last dream I had petrified me to the point I was scared to even close my eyes. I remember it so vividly.

"Aria! Look around! See what you're doing!" Loki's voice faded in as the scene played. Asgard was in flames, people were crying and screaming. Loki's face was smeared with soot and tears, "Don't you feel any remorse?"

"The only thing I feel, sweetheart, is pride." I snapped and let out another burst of flames that set a building on fire, "I am so powerful now. I am unstoppable and you know it, this is why you lied and cheated me of my right. My right!"

Loki reached for me, but I hissed and flung a fireball at him.

"Don't touch me you pathetic scum." I snarled and snatched my hand up.

"Aria, Aria look at me." Loki pleaded and I laughed.

"It's Your Highness to you." I ordered and he closed his eyes. Letting out a strangled cry he began to pant.

"Don't make me do this!" He begged as fresh tears poured down his cheeks.

"You can't touch me you ignorant disgrace!" I screamed and Loki let out a moan of emotional pain.

"I love you Aria, you are my heart and soul. Without you I am lost, I am no one and nothing, I know you are in there, you are in pain seeing this. I can't do it though, my beautiful girl. I can't do it." He fell to his knees in agony.

I began to catch fire, my whole body like a flame. My face contorting into something ugly, I laughed.

"I should've killed you a while ago."

Then with his own blade, I slit his throat. Watching with satisfaction as blood poured out. Kneeling in front of his I stuck out my tongue and licked some of his blood.

"I lo..lov...ov..e y..u..." Loki tried to say, but he sounded like he was choking, gargling up his own blood.

"Rot in Hel."

I woke screaming and crying, Loki was shaking me awake. Refusing to touch him I backed myself against the headboard. He had been so hurt and confused; I had dodged any attempt of touch. I didn't want to hurt him, I couldn't trust myself.

Since then, the whole one week twelve hours and now sixteen minutes, I haven't seen him. I've either locked myself in my room or went to the Library and locked the doors.

Currently I was in my bedroom, my eyes batting as I struggled to stay awake. I had fallen back to old habits, using the blade to stay awake. I used the pain as my only refuge, I wasn't necessarily cutting myself. No, I wouldn't do that. I would never result back to that. I was just poking the skin whenever I felt like I was slipping. When the images flooded my head I screamed and began to scratch my arms, over my old scratch marks. I was so tired, and it was getting so frequent, I cried out and filled the tub with icy water.