Chapter 5- Late Nights and Early Mornings

After about ten hours of of wandering aimlessly around Asgard, a guard approached me, hesitantly, due to the fact that my hands were on fire as well as my forearm. I gave up trying to put it out. 

The guard had escorted me back to the palace. Thor had looked at me with pity and poured some water on me. I muttered my thanks and trudged past him.

"Where are you going?" He asked and I sighed.

"Can you show me to my room?" I asked and he nodded and walked me back.

It was easily three in the morning... in my time.

"Follow me please." He said and I walked behind him. 

Thor lead me down a long hall through doors and up stairs. Finally I got to a room, about ready to pass out.

"Thor?" Someone asked, we turned to see Loki.

"Let me guess. She stays here so I can put her out?" He asked and I looked up to the God of Thunder.

"Where are we?" I asked through a yawn.

"We are in Loki's chambers."

"Lovely," I said and looked back to Loki before rubbing my eyes tiredly, "I am not in the mood to fight, can I go to sleep?"

"Yes." Thor said with a smile and opened the door, "go on in."

"Thanks champ." I said patting his metal suit.

"Uh, are there pajama's in there?" I asked and Thor nodded, I gave a thumbs up and stumbled in. Changing into some nightgown I fell onto the bed with a yawn. With that I was out like a light.

I lie in bed at god knows what time. Do the Asgardians even have a time zone? To me it looked and felt late, like, three o'clock am.

I have been lying here because something is in the halls, and it is scaring the hell out of me. I am petrified. Who knows what's out there. Some mythical creature who eats nails, or drinks souls, or something.

There was a thump at my door.

"Please please please don't eat me." I whispered and ducked under the covers in the fetal position.

Thump. There it was again. Thump. It's banging harder. Thump Thump Thump!

"I'm sorry don't eat me!" I screamed.

"Eat you? Open up Lady Aria." The voice on the other side of the door ordered. 

Oh thank Odin, I'm saved!

I stumbled out of bed and flung open the door. A tall, buff man with a long reddish brown beard and hair 

"Uh... hi?"

"Lady Aria, I am Kvasir ." He said and I nearly keeled over.

"You're the God of Inspiration." I said and he smiled at me fondly. "But you were killed by Dwarfs?"

"That's a vicious rumour Loki started." He huffed and I giggled.

"Nice."

"Yes, it seems as though you are an 'off limits' to Asgard. A 'Hazzard' as Odin put it," he said and I flinched.

"Ouch."

"Yes, but I needed to see you for myself. A Midgardian with such strong powers, more powerful then some Asgardians." He said and I gave him a look.

"Two things, one... is the presence of me inspiring?" I predicted and he smiled once again, I nodded and then glared furiously at him. "And two. Do I look like some zoo animal! I am a human! Not an exhibit!"