Chapter 31- Awake

Third Person

Loki sat there, he held the pale red head in his arms. He would not let his eyes stray from her, this could be the last time he would see her. He began to permanently burn every feature into his brain, Thor came up behind his brother and gasped. 

He had killed her? Never had he seen his brother so utterly distraught, as if his world had crashed and burned in front of his eyes, and it had.

Thor placed a large hand on Loki's shoulder, "Brother."

"I... I never got to tell her I loved the color of her eyes, I... I didn't get to tell her I loved how her nose crinkled when she was angry, I never got to tell her. Thor I was never able to tell her-"

Thor held his frantic brother down as Loki began to panic, frantically. Loki collapsed into Thor in a havoc of sobs, not letting Aria go.

"She knew you loved her, Loki, she knew. You gave her light, you made her happy."

"She was going to be the mother of my children, Thor." Loki whimpered as he stared at Aria. Thor froze, then closed his eyes. He was unaware of her predicament.

"Loki- oh no..." Frigga's voice was heard. What was she doing here, then Loki saw Lofn.

He lunged at the woman, "You filled her head with blasphemy! You forced her down this path!"

Thor held back his brother, "Loki... Aria is-"

"Don't tell me where she is lying, dead and cold, I am aware!"

The three arguing were unaware of Frigga stepping close to Aria, she gasped as color drained.

"There is still a life source, three, how is this possible?" Frigga asked, "Guards! Now hurry! We need a doctor!"

"What?" Loki asked, shoving his way to Aria.

"She is alive, barely, but alive. As well as her children, Loki she's alive!"

Loki let out a sob of relief, his eyes filling with tears.

"Hang on, my love, my life, I need you." Loki whispered to her, Aria was the same as before.

Swinging up onto his horse, Loki took the red head with him, full speed towards the palace. The world was in slow motion, his horse not fast enough.

"Doctors!" Loki yelled while still riding, at Sif and Volstagg as they looked over at him in shock, "Get the doctors! Now! Hurry!"

Sif bolted inside the palace as Loki slid down his still trotting horse, Aria in his arms. He could feel his lungs burning for air, as his ears burnt to hear Aria's voice again, his eyes burnt to see his, his tongue to feel hers.

"Oh, Loki," Volstagg said as he looked at the almost dead red head, "She cannot be..."

"Not yet, nor the children growing inside her," Loki smiled down and then his face became stoic, "I need the damn doctors."

"Loki!" Sif yelled with doctors at her heels, Aria was taken from Loki. He watched, like a scared child.

"My friend," Volstagg began. Loki fell to his knee's as sobs broke out, his body and mind exhausted. 

He didn't remember when, or how, but he Loki woke up in his room later. Immediately he went to his love's side.

Third Person

2 months, in two months it had been 8 weeks, 60 days, 1460.97 hours 5,270,400 seconds. That long since Aria had awoken, her stomach growing larger and Loki more restless. Three months pregnant was his love.