Chapter 32- Safe

Aria

"Oh my god,  I am just stretching." I snapped as Loki jumped out of his chair to help me as I began to shuffle.

"I can hel-"

"No! No you most certainly cannot help. What are you going to do pull my leg?" I rhetorically asked him. My tummy bulge was rather noticeable under the thin blanket, I ran my hand over it happily.

"What do you think they are?"

"I have a feeling one is a boy, and one a girl."

Loki smiled at me, the door creaked open. A nurse came in, Rign, a kind woman who was gentle with her touches.

"Hello," I greeted her and Rign nodded her head at me.

"How are you feeling today My Lady?"

"I'm feeling better, still a bit sore." I shrugged and winced as the muscles in my shoulder cried out in protest.

"Well your wrists are healed, your bruises are gone. Your muscles are still a bit inflamed in some places, some are still pulled. But all in all you're almost one hundred percent better." Rign smiled at me, and I grinned at her then at Loki.

"And how are these rascals?" I asked and patted my stomach lightly.

"They're fine, perfectly healthy little ones." She said and I smiled once more at Loki. He took my hand in his and began to draw random patterns in my palm.

Loki said firmly, "They're mine of course they're healthy, strong kids."

"They're our kids," I frowned at him and his eyes softened as he brought my hand to his lips and kissed it softly.

"Yes, ours."

"Well, I'll just be leaving then." Rign said with a twinkle in her eyes. She hustled out and as soon as the door shut Loki and I began to speak.

"I wa-"

"I lo-" Loki cut me off and then we stopped and laughed, "Ladies first."

"I want McDonalds." I said and smiled, Loki scrunched up his face.

"Not nearly as romantic I expected," he said.

"What were you going to say?" I asked with a giggle.

"I was going to say I love you, but now I'm saying what would you like from the mortal fast food chain?" He asked and I smiled.

"A Big Mac with a large fry. Oh! Oh! And a ten piece chicken nugget! With honey mustard." I said and Loki gave me a weird look, "What? I'm eating for three.  Don't you judge, or I'll find someone to put a spell that will make you the pregnant one."

"I would never judge one as lovely as you," Loki pecked my nose and called for a maid. He told her what I wanted and she gave me a knowing smile and walked out.

"See! She knew why I was eating so much! You made me feel fat ya bum!" I snapped and Loki laughed and caught my hand, kissing the palm.

"If I ever gave you that impression I am deeply apologetic, I would never wish for you to think down upon yourself." He whispered and I watched him for a second, my lips parted. I watched him hungrily, feeling my stomach tingle. 

"Let's make out!" I exclaimed giddily as I jumped up.

"Make out?" He asked and I nodded my head, "What's make out?"

"It's just kissing and touching, heavy kissing and a lot of touching, but nothing more." I said and Loki grinned at me.

"Who am I to object to my lady's needs?"

"Exactly," I said and Loki cupped my cheeks. He swooped in and planted a kiss that sprouted into something more.

Slowly I opened my mouth and Loki let his tongue slide in and around, I moaned and slid my hands around his waist. He laid me down from my sitting position, a blanket between the two of us.

"Loki," I whimpered and ran my fingers through his hair, "mmm you need a trim."

"I do," He agreed and kissed down my collarbone then back up. He sucked on my jawline causing a suction noise. I squealed with a giggle and curved my leg up around Loki's thigh, my back arching.

"I missed you so much." Loki whispered as he rested his forehead on mine.

"I love you Loki, I love you so much." I whispered and pecked his lips against mine.

"Aria, you are my life. The knowledge that you are okay alone gives me a comfort nothing else could give me, it's is unexplainable. If the sun were to go away, I would not give a damn, if all the worlds crashed I would not give a damn. I would never care as long as you were safe where ever you are. And if you were to fall asleep again and never wake up, I would travel straight into the world of dreams to bring you back to me. If you were to hate me, I would change every flaw you see, if thought me too tall I would ask how much you want to be cut off. If you thought me-"

"Never would I ever want you to change yourself." I snapped at him and he sighed.

"I love you Aria."

"And I love you Loki, I'll never leave you. Ever."

"I'll hold you to that." He said and I smiled up at him.

"I hope you do." I smiled and then frowned, "We suck at making out."

Loki kissed me with such emotion it made my head spin.

"Well practice makes perfect."

-----

"Are you all ready?" Loki asked two days later. We were taking a much needed vacation, but first stop was with Cara.

"Yup," I said as I wheeled myself around. I had insisted on a wheelchair instead of a moving bed. A goddamn moving bed.

Loki took the handles and pushed me out the door. I was still sore as hell.

Helping me into the carriage Loki set me down before discussing something with the driver, giving me a moment to admire the outdoor breeze as the sun rose slowly. I ignored the burnt house tops, the pain was extraordinary when I thought about what I'd done... or at least my body did.

"Aria I-" Loki said right behind me, I jumped back and my hand caught fire.

"No... no no no! I can't... how?" I asked as I put it out, "That's not possible, I can't have the fire ability."

"Yes you can, the Brann being inside of you so long altered your DNA." Loki said calmly, I glared at him.

"You really didn't think to mention this a bit sooner?"

"No... I was too busy fussing over a very beat up stubborn woman who insisted one getting up every five seconds." Loki said matter of factly, causing my cheeks to flare.

"I like that..." Loki said as he cupped my cheek with his hand.

"Like what?"

"Your blush of embarrassment, it's cute."

"Oh shush," I giggled and Loki set me in his lap.

Finally everything was where it should be, Loki was safe, Asgard was safe, and now to add to the list, the little munchkins inside of me. We all were where we should be.

()()()()()()^^^^^()()()()()()()()^^^^^^^()()()()()()()()()()()()()^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm late with this update becausssssse I was running a play, two weeks ago was tech week then Friday, Saturday, Sunday was the show... Then this week I had soccer games Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Forgive me.

- Gillian