Chapter 30- Eternity

Third Person

The hollow wind of a vacant land blew through the air. Aria stood there watching the black smoke billow up from the burning wood. Her body looked around as the Fire Giants took control of the land, flicking up she smirked.

"Good job my child," Surtur smiled and Aria smiled up at her father with admiration.

"Thank you."

"Moving on?" Surtur asked and Aria cocked her head and then turned around and began walking towards an open space.

"Yes, let's go." She said and the sky lit up as Surtur used black magic to transport to the next world.

It continued for three days. They conquered three planets, an unheard of number that had Asgard on constant guard. They were preparing for war, to kill Aria which had Loki in misery and filled him with determination to get to her, and their children back, before anyone else.

Heimdall, who was now awake from his coma, had begged for forgiveness. Something he had never done, and Loki forgave him. Knowing it was what Aria would want.

"There has been four planets, My King, that have been destroyed. The only four survivors said it was a red headed girl." A guard informed King Odin.

Odin sighed, "Yes, thank you." There was a pause as the guard left, "Loki-"

"I know what must be done." Loki snapped and stormed out of the room. 

A pain had settled in the bottom of his heart, it felt like he had injected it with an acid of some sort. He was dying, slowly he was dying. Withering away into an oblivion of nothing.

Finding his way to their little cave he stared. This place was dull without her, the waterfall that was one majestic was not just water. The exotic flowers, just plants. The white powder sand, just shredded rock. Nothing unique was here, nothing beautiful. The place, the only place that used to provide comfort was now gone. He had nothing, he was nothing.

The memories pricked his mind, the dark thoughts clouding his vision as Loki fell to the ground and moaned in pure agony.

"No... don't leave me Aria. Please, please don't leave me. I don't want to be alone," Loki sobbed broken and choked croaks. He curled into a ball, as he used to do when he was a child. After a day of Thor's shadow and rude school kids he would curl into a ball and cry. Eventually he would feel better and the empty feelings would be filled with anger, fury and jealousy. 

It was different now, the emptiness wouldn't go away. It was there, hollowing out his ribs and gutting out his heart.

"I don't want to be alone." 

Aria--

This was pure torture, watching death after death, knowing it was by my hands. Not being able to stop it, to stop myself. I was taking a backseat to my own body, and I hated it all. 

Please, just stop. I cried out, the Brann ignored me.

"Where to next my child?" Surtur asked and my head turned to look up to him and shrugged. Then a horrible feeling of nostalgia swept over me.

 There are only flames, no people, no buildings, just the heat of fire as it spread across the realms. Iy watched with a bored expression.

"Father, can we stay here a few moments. I like watching my handy work." The monster smiled up at a red Fire Giant. He sighed and then chuckled and nodded his head.

"I suppose, but we must move on to..." He trailed and didn't answer.

"Onto where?" I asked and he looked down at me.