Chapter 27- The Invasion

Loki

Aria stared at me for a few moments. I gulped under her intense glare, nerves banging against my rib-cage.

"Are you kidding me?" She asked breathlessly and gave a short humourless laugh. I winced and shook my head in shame.

"No."

"You better tell me everything now. Now." She ordered and I nodded my head.

"What would you like to-"

"No Loki, shut up and tell me everything. If you ask what I want to know you'll leave out information." She growled, I sighed. She already lost some respect for me, to think I'd lie to her. 

"O... Ok." I nodded and began, "I knew the parts you did not. I was unaware of your life before, with the deaths and the... the..."

"Yeah, continue." Aria ordered and I nodded.

"Well Frigga and Odin were watching over Midgard, there is a prophecy that the King of Muspelheim would have his son possess the body of a mortal. For centuries they watched and watched and then you were born, immediately you caught Odin's  attention because of the two fires you have been in, in which you and your sister got you burn free. Then Heimdall looked back, the Brann possessed you. It's the child of Surtur, and it will do anything to ensure its father's rule and power."

"So you... you've been lying," Aria whispered with tears in her eyes.

"I- Yes," I watched Aria mentally crumble, "I did it so you would not think down on yourself. Aria I have been in your situation, I have."

"How in the nine Realms have you been in my situation?" She asked and I took her hands, my heart constricting when she pulled back.

"My birth father is Laufey, a Frost Giant, Odin had found me when he battled their race on Jotenheim. He brought me backs in hopes of creating peace between Asgard and them, and when it looked like it wasn't going to happen then he decided to acknowledge the fact I was a waste of time. Frigga was the only person who cared for me, treated me as a son." I explained, "That is why I am so bitter to Odin."

Aria was facing an internal battle, fighting to keep the tears at bay. Her mouth was slightly agape as she stared at me.

"You lied Loki." 

"I know, I know I did I'm so so sorry!" I began to plea and she shook her head.

"You... you lied! I should've expected this from you! I'm such an idiot!" She yelled at herself and I paled.

"No... no I should've told you I know I should've but I couldn't. You were so happy with Cara and so worked up over the Prophecy, Aria I couldn't add that to you're stress."

"Loki, I could've taken it."

"No you couldn't have Aria and we both know that, look at me." I demanded and she obeyed, hope swelled in my chest, "Look me in the eyes and tell me you would not have broken down."