Chapter 7- Bed Rest

Loki

 I watched Aria with a sigh. She had been bursting into flames for the past three hours. She would put herself out but she would scream in pain... until she lost her voice and simply moaned, grimaced and tried to move, but her body was too weak.

The doctors said her body was overworked. That the powers had caused her mind to shut down, and now she was in a sleep.

She moaned but didn't catch. She hasn't for about an hour now. I grabbed a cold towel and dabbed her sweaty forehead with it.

To think just twenty four hours ago I couldn't stand this mortal. She had driven me nuts and I was counting down the days till she went back to her pathetic Midgard.

Now keeping her warm body cool.

Her sweat caused her thin dress to stick to her causing every groove and curve of her body to stand out. Where she hid these curves before... I don't know.

But even now, she was a sight for sore eyes.

Wait... what?  What am I thinking?

"Ugh! Fuck does my head hurt." The sleeping beauty groaned, "Fuck I just hurt in general."

Her foul mouth astounded me even still. A woman like her to have such a bitter tongue.

It was strangely hot... I have to stop thinking that.

She stretched out she jumped when she saw me.

"Loki?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Obviously."

"Damn you’re cranky. What the fuck happened?" She asked and sagged a bit in the bed. She propped herself up on her elbow; resting her head on her fist.

"You overworked your powers, it burnt out your mind and you've been asleep for four hours."

"Damn..." She widened her eyes in shock.

"Yes, well you are assigned to bed rest." I said and she scoffed.

"Over my dead body." She went to stand up and I gently pushed her back, "Listen here... the only way I'm staying in bed is if someone forced me to against my will."

"Fine." I shrugged and sat down on the chair.

She stared at me wide eyed, ”You little-"

"Language!" I scolded with a smirk.

"Like hell!" She cried and I smiled at her. "You annoy me."

I chuckled at her. It was cute how her nose scrunched up when she was angry.

"As you annoy me." I smoothly replied.

"I'm hungry." She grumbled and I called for the nurse.

Aria

"Oh! She's awake!" The nurse said to Loki with a flirty smile.

"She's right here. You don't have to inform my dear frenemy here, Loki I'm awake." I snapped and leaned in, I whispered "I think he knows."

The nurse looked at me blinking. I could see her hatred underneath them.

"Of course." She said between grit teeth, "You called for a nurse?"

"Yeah, I want food." I bluntly grumbled.

"What would you like?" She asked over extenuating the sweetness in her voice.

"What do you have?" I fought back with the same amount of preppy goodness

"Anything you like."

"Steak."

"Oh... we don't have that." She sighed sadly.

"Well you better get it." I smiled and the girl sighed.

"Like I said-"

"No no no sweetie, like I said.  You better get it, it seems as though I have a series craving for steak."

"Get the steak," Loki ordered and the girl narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'll be right back."

"M'kay bye!" I wiggled my fingers at her with a smile.

"Wow... You get jealous easily." Loki laughed.

"I'm not jealous," I shrugged and Loki raised an eyebrow.

"A steak? It's morning."

"So? I like steak."  I shrugged and Loki laughed.

"If course you do."

"I do!!! Steak is beautiful and should a god!"

"Let us not go that far." Loki winced and I shook my head.

"No... Steak deserves a spot here!"

"Aria." Loki gave me a look.

"Loki." I gave him the same look

"Your steak." The nurse said giving it to me. I grinned and cut into it. Raw.

"It's raw." I said and smiled, “never mind... I got this."

Using the fork I lifted it and with my hand I used my fire to burn the food.

The nurse gasped and scurried off.

When she left I heaved and vomited in the trash can next to me.

"Aria! Don't use your powers anymore okay?" Loki asked and I nodded my now pounding head.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《

Hello my loves! Please comment vote and follow!

- Gillian