Chapter 6- The Fire

"You're funny!" I chuckled and nudged Kvasir. He looked at me and frowned.

"I was not trying to be." He said and I scoffed at him. Loki just glared forward like a moody teenager.

"But you are being funny. In order for there to be a forbidden love, doesn't that mean there has to be a love?" I asked and Kvasir smiled at me.

"A forbidden love also is an unknowing lover." He said and I grumbled under my breath.

"I'll show you unknowing, you'll be unknowing when kill you in your sleep." I grumbled under my breath as I followed him into a large room.

The walls were golden and seemed to have a thin layer of water running down it. The floors were submerged under a foot of water. It was like a pond... an indoor pond. Fish swam past me and I gasped. This place was gorgeous, what if I managed to burn it down somehow?

"Woah," I breathed and stepped inside. My last thought caused my hand to erupt into flames then put it out in the water.

I stood there for a second before pursing my lips.

"What do I do now?" I asked and Loki sighed.

He had been leaning against the door with cat-like poise. Now that I noticed it, Loki had this cat-like elegance to him, so fluent and silent in his movements.

"Can I suggest something?" He asked and I narrowed my eye suspiciously. I nodded my head stiffly, "Lovely, so these abilities are brought on by intense sour emotions, am I right?"

I nodded.

"So try to feel the opposite. Think of a happy memory, a specific happy memory." He said and I raised my eyebrows at his surprisingly helpful suggestion.

I closed my eyes and exhaled, my hand caught on fire, "alright." I whispered and an image of Cara's face popped into my mind. Her grinning face with her strawberry blond hair in the face.

Opening my eyes I sighed with defeat, I was still on fire.

Loki rolled his eyes and pushed himself off the wall. He came up behind me, my air in my throat hitched as I felt his warm breath fan across my neck.

"Think a very specific memory, say it aloud." He said and I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again.

"Say it aloud." He reminded and I nodded.

"I'm in a park, it's a park my family and I went to a lot when I was younger. My mom and dad are just a foot behind me holding hands and I'm holding Cara. She's an infant, she's bundled up and we're going on a walk. My mom and dad are telling me I'm a big sister now that I have to stand up for my family." My breath is becoming shaky now, "That I have to protect my little sister, and I’m responsible for her now. I'm going to be her role model, she'll look up to me." I say and sense that Loki is still behind me.

"Open your eyes." He whispered into my ear, I did. I lifted my hands to my face and gasped, my hands were out, and my whole body was out. I wasn't on fire anymore.

I could feel a single tear slip down my cheek. A choked laugh escaped my lips as I wiped it away.

"Thank you!" I laughed and spun around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him, I didn't want him to see me cry so I buried my face into his neck.

"You're welcome." He whispered back and I bit my lip, pulling back I stared up into his eyes, his beautiful vivid eyes.

Loki stared down to me and suddenly it was as if the world had stopped spinning. The other people, the other Realms had disappeared and it was just Loki and me. We hadn't noticed Kvasir awkwardly waddle out the door.