Chapter 23- Memories

I stood in the training room working on the flames. Nothing out of the ordinary happened when I was conjuring the flames. Closing my eyes I conjured a whip of flames. I felt bad-ass. Using it I snapped the whip against the wall.

"It's hot in here." A voice said, I looked around and frowned. Frigga stood in the door fanning herself, she was sweating.

"It is?" I asked and she nodded, a look of worry on her face.

"It's rather hot in here, Aria it's hot enough to make an Asgardian pass out from heat exhaustion." She said and I cocked an eyebrow, that's not normal.

My hands set out a blast of fire. I was flung against the wall and whacked my head. I groaned and rubbed it.

"What's the matter with me?" I asked as I dunk my hands in to the water to put them out. Frigga slid off her shoes and lifter her dress. She waded towards me and got on her knee's besides me.

"Nothing is wrong with you." She said and took my hands in hers, "it's what is inside you."

"Are you calling me a bad person?" I asked confused and she chuckled, shaking her head.

"No, the Brann." 

"How'd you know about that? Did Loki tell you?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"My son tells me most things." Frigga said and I smiled at her fondly.

"That's good for him, to have someone to talk too. I never had anyone," I said and closed my eyes.

"You have me now." She said and I opened my eyes at her with a grin.

"Thank you," I said, my heart fluttering with warmth.

"Why are you so sad my child? Heimdall does not speak to us of your past, what makes you how you are?" She asked curiously and I froze, "Darling, if you want to know your future you must examine your past."

"I can't say it, I physically can't." I said hesitantly and she nodded her head.

"I can help you with that, I can go into your mind and see." She said and I gulped and nodded my head.

"Will you help me find out my past if I let you in?"

"Of course, even if I have to corrupt Odin." She joked and I smiled at her and bit her lip.

"Can we... I mean... I want Loki here with me when... I just... I want him to see as well..." I said and she nodded.

"We can wait for his return." She said and I nodded my head, standing up we walked out.

------

Loki came home early, when I told him what was going to happen he objected. He was outraged and seemed like he had a second motive, I had taken his hand and smiled at him.

'It's time you know.' I had said and he nodded, kissed my furiously despite his mother in the room. I pulled back prepared to scold him. His eyes were filled with worry and he hugged me. 'Promise me you won't look at me different. I whispered into his chest, 'I thought that if you knew my secrets... you would never look at me in the same way again. You're different Loki, I trust you.' He looked pained, but nodded.

We were in Frigga's quarters in her bedroom. I was in her bed lying perfectly still, not mentally prepared for this. Loki was holding my hand and running his thumb along mine. He kept whispering words of encouragement and saying I could stop when I need to.

Frigga came close to me, "Close your eyes."

As soon as I obeyed it felt like I was being pulled into an abyss.