Chapter 12- Training the Weak

I put extra effort in looking good today, I had on a pale blue Grecian styles dress. My hair was down in curls and my lips had some red stain, though it came out pinker. I smelt like lilacs and vanilla and when I was positive I looked good I strode into breakfast, Odin was not there. Good. But Frigga was, I felt a bit embarrassed because I knew Loki seemed to love his mother more, I wanted her approval and with my little tantrum yesterday I just... I don't know.

The usual were there though, The Warriors Three, Sif, a grinning Thor as he saw me, and Loki. Loki gave a hidden smile when I came in.

"So she awakes." Fandral chuckled as I came in, I gave him a not- so- amused glance.

I sat down and was given food. I have no clue what it was exactly, just food.

"How was your sleep?" Thor asked with a chuckle and Loki glared at him.

"Fine," I said carefully and poked the food.

"Uh, Volstagg what is this?" I asked and Fandral pouted.

"Why ask him?" 

"He looks like he'd know his food." I rolled my eyes and Volstagg chuckled, he looked at my plate.

"It is just meat."

"Okay, a hot dog is 'just meat' a hamburger is 'just meat' this is something with meat in it."

"Just try it." Volstagg urged and I sighed, ignoring the fact he didn't answer my question.

I took a bite, it wasn't so bad.

"Okay, pointing out the fact that the only meat I've ever had for breakfast was bacon, and sausage. And pepperoni if you count the cold pizza I have the night after I order."

"That sounds, revolting." Sif said under her breath and I grinned.

"Don't knock it till you've tried it."

"A bit hypercritical don't you think?" Loki asked and I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe, but I did not call this revolting, I just didn't know what it was." I fought back and Loki raised his eye brow like I did. We stared at each other, unspoken words flying back and forth.

"Eh hem," Thor coughed and the cord snapped, Loki and I looked around the table. Everyone was staring at us with raised eye brows.

"Is there something we're missing?" Volstagg said and I bit my lip.

"Nope, nothing."

I dug into the meal and in the middle Loki and Thor were called away by guards saying Odin wished to speak to them.

I watched Loki leave wondering if he'll be back by noon.

"What do you have planned today?" Sif asked me as she ate her food.

"Not much." I shrugged and she looked at me.

"Perhaps you would like to train with me?" She asked.

"Why would I want that?" I asked and she clenched her jaw.

"You might find yourself in need of defending yourself." She said and I cocked an eyebrow.

I formed a fire ball and thew it into the wall. The fire ball scorched through the wall.

"That is so cool." I grinned and then turned to Sif again,  "Thanks but I'm good."

"You can't always rely on your powers."

I shrugged and took another bite of food, "I've got time. Why not?"

"Lovely."

I eyed Sif and narrowed my eyes at her. She was hiding something and I'm pretty sure I knew what.