Chapter 20- I'm Broken

The weather was nice, the sun was beating down as Loki and I walked through the city. He played tricks on people, harmless tricks.

Loki watched me with a smile as I used my fire for mischief. He chuckled as we watched the old woman shriek and leap into the air.

"You're extraordinary and rather hypocritical." He chuckled and I pouted.

"Hypocritical? How so?"

"The other day you scolded me for freezing a puddle that a couple was walking on and watching as their feet got caught in it."

"That was mean!" I pointed out and he cocked an eye brow.

"Ok, just a bit hypocritical." I said using my thumb and index finger to show how small I meant.

"Just a bit," he mocked my gesture and walked forward, he wrapped his arms around my waist. He pressed a kiss on my lips and then went for another one when I turned my head, making his lips land on my cheek.

"Not here, there's kids around!" I scolded him and ran away, Loki chasing after.

A sense of deja vu ran over me, Loki stopped with a nostalgic look on his face. I shrugged it off and took his hand in mine. 

"Where do you want to go now?" I asked and Loki grinned at me.

"Come," he said and dragged me away. I merrily followed, not bothering to question where, knowing that he wouldn't tell me.

“Quick, what’s your favorite color?” I asked and Loki smiled.

“Green,” He answered with an amused look on his face.

“Go figure,” I grumbled, “is your favorite animal a snake too?”

“No, I like wolves.”

“Well you have a wolf son.” I pointed out and Loki chuckled while rolling his eyes.

“What about you? Favorite animal and color, go.”

I thought for a second before smiling.

“I love neon colors,” I answered and Loki raised an eyebrow, shocked.

“Really?” He questioned and I frowned and nodded my head.

“Yeah, why?”

“I expected you to like black, or something dark…” he trailed and I playfully nudged him.

“I’m not that dark and dreary.” I frowned and then thought, “Okay maybe I am, but I think I cover my dark side well.”

“You shouldn’t have to cover it, you can always talk to me.” Loki said and I squeezed his hand and rested my head on his shoulder.

"The problem is me, I'm broken."

"Then let me fix you." Loki said and I smiled and kissed his shoulder, but I didn't say anything. I'm beyond repair.

"We're here." He said and I looked up.

There was a building made of glass and nothing but glass, but it was thick so I couldn't see through it. Loki led me through the door into... a jewelry shop?

"Loki?" I asked and he smiled, tugged my hand.

"I wanted to buy you something." He said, he took in my confused expression.

"You aren't planning to propose?" I joked and Loki kissed my cheek.

"Not now, how long have we been together my love?"

"Um... four months, two weeks and five days." I said and he grinned and nodded.

"So not for a long time." He said and I bit my lip.