Chapter 22- Nightmares

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Loki!" I snapped. Currently we were in bed, and I was trying to sleep. "It's only been a week; you're being punished for a reason."

"It's been a week and a day." He whined and I rolled my eyes.

"You can last another week Loki." I grumbled and curled into the bed.

"But I want you now." He said and kissed behind my ear, "You're just too irresistible."

I giggled and moan, "I know."

With that he whimpered and wrapped his arms slowly around my waist. I froze, then shoved him off me a bit angrily.

"You're acting like it's been a year!"

"It feels like it." He grumbled and pressed feather-light kisses all over me neck. I groaned and snatched a pillow and blanket. Stomping to the bathroom I slammed and locked the door.

"Aria?" Loki asked and knocked on the door. I didn't answer him, instead I spread the blanket out in the bathroom tub. I set up the pillow, shut off the lights and curled into a ball.

"Aria! Open the door sweetheart!" He called; I blocked him out and fell asleep.

Loki

I stood outside the door, waiting. It's been an hour she should be asleep. Using some of my magic I unlocked the door and walked in. I was tense and somewhat irritable, but when I saw her curled up in the bathroom tub I softened. Walking over I picked her up and set her on the bed. Brushing her hair out of her face gently I pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. Her left wrist was in view and it broke my heart seeing the scar.

Picking it up I pecked kisses along one, then lifted her right wrist and repeated the action. How could a person hurt someone so beautiful.

The way she acted replayed in my head the day after our first time. She was panicking about how I left her just like him. It made my blood boil to think that someone had hurt her.

Then the thought that the odds were against us.

The fact that people had bets against us, fate pushed us together only to try and pull us apart. It was pathetic and depressing, I wouldn't leave her ever.

"Mmm, Loki." She grumbled in her sleep and rolled into me. My heart fluttered in my chest as she said my name. Kissing her cheek I blew out the candle and fell asleep beside the woman I love.